Emre Can (9 Viewers)

Juventus 32

May 18, 2014
Emre Can: 'Not degrading women' | Football Italia
Juventus midfielder Emre Can assured his comments about Cristiano Ronaldo’s red card “were never meant to degrade women, women’s football or equality.”
The controversy erupted on social media following the straight red card given to Ronaldo in last night’s 2-0 Champions League victory over Valencia.
Speaking to DAZN as he watched footage of the incident, Can said: “I’ve just learned that it was because he pulled Murillo’s hair. We’re not women, let’s play football.”
This prompted complaints that his reaction was sexist or degrading.
“I would like to take a moment to clear the air regarding the comments I made after last night’s game,” wrote the German international on Instagram Stories.
“My response after seeing the video footage of Cristiano sending off seamed to have caused some commotion.
“I would like to state that the comments made were never focused on nor meant to degrade women, women’s football or equality in any form.
“Everyone who knows me knows about my respect for women, equality and respect.
“My intention was to stick up for my team mate regarding a wrong decision which could have effected our game.
“I sincerely apologize if any of the comments I made have caused any harm.
“Yours, Emre.”

- - - Updated - - -

He caved to SJWs :p
What did he say wrong to apologize? The world is going nuts.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Pulling hair is something women do more than men. Watch women properly try to fight who haven't been trained - they pull hair, slap and claw at each other. But you have to apologise now if 0.005% of the audience are offended.

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
He has not offended me because I feel he isn't a sexist man, but the comment was unfortunate, sure by the nerves of the moment, but he should take care of the words he chooses because these things do not favor him or the image of the team.
I still support him and I think his apologies are sincere.

But...yes, women also pull each other's hair ;)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
He has not offended me because I feel he isn't a sexist man, but the comment was unfortunate, sure by the nerves of the moment, but he should take care of the words he chooses because these things do not favor him or the image of the team.
I still support him and I think his apologies are sincere.

But...yes, women also pull each other's hair ;)
Imagine if Allegri said this lmao.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Amazing player, extremely versatile, capable of covering different positions, even deputizing as a defender if necessary or fullback and seems pretty cool guy. Forza Can :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)