Emre Can (10 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
ßöмßäяðîëя;5808360 said:
The precedent it creates?

What is wrong with a release clause? It's 50M Euros, dude, what do you think he's actually worth?
We've never had a release clause before. They are for small clubs. Agents always try to insert release clauses in the contracts and we are in a much worse position to refuse now that we have made an exception for a relative nobody.

I think he is worth less than 50m now, obviously. But with the market inflation, he could be worth more in 2-3 years if he does well.

Nad Lol to people who think he will get a new conract without a release clause. More like more players will get new contracts with release clauses. Pjanic could be the first one if he stays.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We've never had a release clause before. They are for small clubs. Agents always try to insert release clauses in the contracts and we are in a much worse position to refuse now that we have made an exception for a relative nobody.

I think he is worth less than 50m now, obviously. But with the market inflation, he could be worth more in 2-3 years if he does well.

Nad Lol to people who think he will get a new conract without a release clause. More like more players will get new contracts with release clauses. Pjanic could be the first one if he stays.
Plus it gives a lot of power to the player when it comes to future contract negotiations. If you want increase the release clause, then you have to increase the contract. If a player keeps getting more and more value, then you could be negotiating a new contract every year or two.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Plus it gives a lot of power to the player when it comes to future contract negotiations. If you want increase the release clause, then you have to increase the contract. If a player keeps getting more and more value, then you could be negotiating a new contract every year or two.
Pretty obvious disadvatage really. Amazing that some people fail to understand this.

Apr 12, 2004

Small clubs like Barça and Real Madrid?

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
ßöмßäяðîëя;5808381 said:
Small clubs like Barça and Real Madrid?
It's the law in Spain that you have to have a release clause. That's why Ronaldo had a 1bn release clause, which is the same as not having one.

But the Neymar transfer shows that even what sometimes appears to be an unrealistically high clause can sometimes be triggered. And Barca weren't happy about it, even if I think it was a great deal for them. I'm sure that if they knew what was going to happen, his clause would have been 1bn, too.

Apr 12, 2004
It's the law in Spain that you have to have a release clause. That's why Ronaldo had a 1bn release clause, which is the same as not having one.

But the Neymar transfer shows that even what sometimes appears to be an unrealistically high clause can sometimes be triggered. And Barca weren't happy about it, even if I think it was a great deal for them. I'm sure that if they knew what was going to happen, his clause would have been 1bn, too.
But we aren't talking about that, we are talking about release clauses being for small clubs. So, are Barça and Real Madrid small clubs?

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
ßöмßäяðîëя;5808406 said:
But we aren't talking about that, we are talking about release clauses being for small clubs. So, are Barça and Real Madrid small clubs?
I explained that already. Try to get it before asking again, please. Maybe some friends can help you?

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
If it were up to me I would put clauses for every player and not 1bln ones.

For example Dybala 250mln, Alex Sandro 80mln.

So if they want to leave, they are free to do it if someone pays it.

Apr 12, 2004
I explained that already. Try to get it before asking again, please. Maybe some friends can help you?
No, the point is it isn't just for small clubs. If it were, then Barça, Real, and Juventus wouldn't have them. In two years, when his kicks in, you'll fucking have forgotten about it by then, you god damned mark-ass buster.

- - - Updated - - -

Prefuckingcisely.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
ßöмßäяðîëя;5808416 said:
No, the point is it isn't just for small clubs. If it were, then Barça, Real, and Juventus wouldn't have them. In two years, when his kicks in, you'll fucking have forgotten about it by then, you god damned mark-ass buster.

- - - Updated - - -

Prefuckingcisely.
None of the big clubs insert clauses, except the spanish ones and I explained why. If it wasn't obligatory they wouldn't do it either.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

That's because you don't really get how finance and economics work. There is literally no advantage to the club in having a release clause in a player's contract. The only exception would be a scenario where the price is so high that the club would like to sell, but wouldn't becuase it fears backlash from the fans. Then a release clause is a good excuse for the club. Like Higuain who clearly wasn't worth 90m.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

The Neymar transfer is one example of why it's a bad idea to put current high values on players. Suddenly Dybala went from €150m to €250m as being an expensive transfer for him, so what happens with the next market value shift?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The Neymar transfer is one example of why it's a bad idea to put current high values on players. Suddenly Dybala went from €150m to €250m as being an expensive transfer for him, so what happens with the next market value shift?
You renegotiate the player's contract. Insert a larger wage and then a larger clause. Every time the market shifts.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
ßöмßäяðîëя;5808439 said:
Then why the fuck does it matter to you?
I told you.. The precedent it creates that other players' agents will you use when they negotiate new contracts and they will try to get release clauses in as well.

The other reason is that he could well be worth 50m in a couple of years, considering the rate of inflation in the transfer market in the last few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)