Emre Can - CM/DM - Liverpool (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
icemaη;5684830 said:
Generally players coming on the free do command higher wages though. We paid Llorente on par with Pirlo and Vidal back then, second only to Buffon I believe.
And it's still cheap. Let's say we have 8 million euros a year expenses on Can. 5 years down the road that's 40 mill. That's no money in todays market.

Find me a player at Cans level we could have for that money. 24, versatile as fuck, regular german international, plenty of experience, good enough to contribute in Champions League.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
That's not my point. That high level wages means we won't go for anyone else established. He'll probably be a starter within 2-3 months of his Juve career. We must have done some convincing about game time for him to sign for us.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not a depth signing. We've signed him to be a starter for us imo.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
@Xperd Very objective posts :tup:

I like Can, I think he is good and a no brainier on a free. Talented, room to grow, and good resale value. I hope he impresses, with his wages he will be a starter for sure. He seems like the midfield profile Allegri would ask for.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That's not my point. That high level wages means we won't go for anyone else established. He'll probably be a starter within 2-3 months of his Juve career. We must have done some convincing about game time for him to sign for us.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not a depth signing. We've signed him to be a starter for us imo.
No doubt about that imo.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't mind Can either since he's free. But we're giving him top level wages (€5M a season) which means we certainly see him as a starter and to go from Khedira to Can is incredibly underwhelming tbh. Atleast those Florenzi rumours sounds somewhat promising.
Well initially he will probably start but there's no guarantee that he is owed something in year 2 or year 3. If he eventually moves to the bench and doesn't like it... well we'll just sell him and take the 30-40M or whatever. That's fine.

Also, there are possibilities of big wage earners like Marchisio and Khedira moving on. Potentially both. That opens up a lot of room to add Can and other CMs, which could leave him in a rotation. And apparently he has the most professional attitude possible so I don't think he would be against competing for his spot.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Exactly, Mike. The midfield is currently up for grabs, but Juventus is all about competition; no guaranteed places.

Similar to Nando. Llorente wasn't an automatic starter throughout his deal simply because of his wages. Adding a good player like Can for free can only be a positive at this point.

Also don't really think that quote means much. I'll believe this deal when I see it, surely lots of competition for this guy.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Well, it's not really hard to improve on our current midfield. It's not as if we have a plethora of WC players in that area, arguably our weakest department.
Looking at how long this transfer is dragging out, looks like we will not sign him next season. We will probably sign him when he hits 30 and become a khedira.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Looking at how long this transfer is dragging out, looks like we will not sign him next season. We will probably sign him when he hits 30 and become a khedira.
Nah, nothing at the moment points in either direction. Can and his agent are testing the market; will Liverpool qualify for CL, what can and will Juve and other foreign clubs offer, will there be interest from other Premier League clubs when they are allowed to negotiate and so on.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juventus issue Can ultimatum | Football Italia

Juventus have reportedly given Liverpool midfielder Emre Can a week to sign his pre-contract agreement.

The Bianconeri have been interested in the German international for some time, and have already verbally agreed on a transfer for this summer.

Can is out of contract on June 30 and is free to sign for clubs outside of England now, but so far there has been no official word on his signing.

Now Gazzetta dello Sport is reporting that Juve want to hold a meeting within the next seven days to officially get the contracts signed, as they have no intention of getting involved in a bidding war.

It’s thought Can’s agent, Reza Fazeli, has given his word to the Old Lady and there have been no concrete talks with other clubs.

However, there is also interest from fellow English Premier League clubs, who can only approach Can in the final month of his contract but can offer more than the €5m per season on the table from Juventus.

The Bianconeri are still heavy favourites for his signature, but things could change if nothing is signed at the upcoming summit.

- - - Updated - - -

We are totally going to not sign him :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

And our back up is...:baus:

Leandro Paredes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)