Empoli-Juventus (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Again an excellent Del Piero. At Juve’s fourth official match, Alex scored his third double, in Empoli. Just like last week against Atalanta. A great start, similar to last year’s one: “Yes, these matches went quite well. I think that in comparison with the previous years, we’re scoring more goals. I’m happy about that. Three forwards? It’s one of the many solution we can use, I’d say we can be satisfied”.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
Lippi used three forwards: Del Piero, Di Vaio and Salas all together at the Castellani stadium. It was a solution that surprised many people and the coach explained : “I’ve been thinking about it the last two days. I wanted to play an aggressive match, trinyg to keep Empoli on the defense. I’d say we haven’t run many risks during the match. In the first half, apart from the goal, we had other chances for scoring. The second half was nearly the same. A good match. The important things was the result, because it won’t be easy for anyone to come and win here We have to go on like this, with the same enthusiasm”.

Enthusiasm is the key word among blakcandwhites. It can be noticed from the performances of the team, which never gives up and that always tries to win: “The psychogical approach is important. Winnig the Scudetto gave us enthusiasm and a lot of self-confidence. Then, this year, we started straight with the Supercup and other good matches. This group has a prerogative: it never loses the will of doing important things and, above all, of working hard”.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
Among the many noteworthy things of Juventus, there’s surely the great job made by the defense. Two matches without conceding any goals, to be added to the five and a half of last year’s Serie A campaign , making that a total of nearly 700 minutes. And, if the defense plays like this and Del Piero and the other teammates score, Juventus will keep on flying. Mark Iuliano is aware of this. “We, the defenders, have known each other for a long time, we’re close friends even outside of the football ground and this is a fundamental thing to give our best also on the pitch. I was coming back from injury and my teammates have helped me a lot. If we are aware of our strenght? We’ve always been.”

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
Del Piero's second goal was quite similar to his goal against Atalanta, but to the other side of the goal He chested the ball down, showed great control and then a superb finish. BTW, did anyone notice the great pass by TUDOR to Alex?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
in the 'week 1' thread :)

results are not finished from this week, so the new results will probably be up on monday

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
This is just to hold u guys off till Nekton gets his complete clips...
Great stuff Majed :). I was to lazy to get up this morning :D But don't you guys worry, they're showing them in about an hour so I'll record them then ;)

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
He dived? :shocked:
It was indeed a debatable penalty. There was contact - but not much. The ref was in a good position and he thought it was a foul and that's all that matters.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
in the 'week 1' thread :)

results are not finished from this week, so the new results will probably be up on monday
Thanks Paolo ;)

Yes, the results for Week2 will be up either on late Sunday or early Monday .. coz there are still matches that haven't been played it .. some of them are on late Sunday ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)