Empoli-Juventus (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Then who else in this situation? Those bloody injuries are keeping us from fielding a GREAT team instead of this GOOD team... :down: Zambo being the best example...

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
Then who else in this situation? Those bloody injuries are keeping us from fielding a GREAT team instead of this GOOD team... :down: Zambo being the best example...
i would rather have neddy on the left, DP behind the strikers(even tough he doesn't like it) and di vaio and trez up front

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
I was not aware of anyone twisting Lippis arm to keep to a certain line-up. Baiocco on the flank would,IMO, do more bad than good, so therefore if no alternatives can be found we could possibly be looking into changing the line-up?

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
Here’s the list of the 22 players called for the Saturday’s match against Empoli:

1 Gianluigi BUFFON
2 Ciro FERRARA
3 Alessio TACCHINARDI
4 Paolo MONTERO
5 Igor TUDOR
6 Salvatore FRESI
9 Marcelo SALAS
10 Alessandro DEL PIERO
11 Pavel NEDVED
12 Antonio CHIMENTI
13 Mark IULIANO
14 Cristian ZENONI
15 Alessandro BIRINDELLI
16 Mauro CAMORANESI
18 Marco DI VAIO
19 Gianluca ZAMBROTTA
20 Davide BAIOCCO
21 Lilian THURAM
22 Landry BONNEFOI
23 Ruben OLIVERA
24 Emiliano MORETTI
25 Marcelo ZALAYETA

trezeguet not fitt yet and maybe davids

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

i would rather have neddy on the left, DP behind the strikers(even tough he doesn't like it) and di vaio and trez up front
I wouldn't be surprise in fact I anxious to see Lippi start Del Piero behind Di Vaio adn Trez/Salas for important games suchas in CL matches and against Inter, AC Milan. Del Piero may not like this positon, but I'm confindent he will embrace this position if it means winning important matches.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
empoli 0 - 2 juventus

i think di vaio will score his first goal in the serieA in a juve jersey and perhaps some defender will score from a corner.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I think a 2-0 victory is in the cards with DP and DiVaio scoring.

I think that Empoli wont even score a goal ( at least they shouldn't !!!)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++
empoli 0 - 2 juventus

i think di vaio will score his first goal in the serieA in a juve jersey and perhaps some defender will score from a corner.
It would be good if DiVaio scores in tonight's match. :)
Or perhaps Ale will add it 1 more goal. I hope it's gonna be his season!:)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
AT STAKE
Two of the eight teams who share the first place in the Serie A ranking after one round, newly promoted Empoli and reigning Italian champions Juventus, will face each other at the Castellani stadium in the second Saturday night match of the season.

Both teams started this 2002/2003 campaign in the most positive way. In the opening weekend, the Bianconeri demolished Atalanta at the Delle Alpi with a clear 3-0, while Empoli were really impressive in their 2-0 win on the field of fellow newcomers Como.

Juventus seem to be already in a very good shape. Led by a great Del Piero, Lippi's men have been looking healthy and confident both in the domestic league debut and in their Champions League outing in Rotterdam against Feyenoord, which ended in a more than deserved 1-1 draw.

However, Empoli won't be an easy opponent for the Turin giants. This young team might be the new Chievo: like the Verona side, they have a bunch of young and talented players, but most importantly superb teamwork. This must be credited to the great job done over the last three seasons by coach Silvio Baldini, a very promising trainer and a huge motivator.

TEAM NEWS
Only reserve midfielder Barollo will be sidelined for Empoli, who are expected to face Juventus with the same starting eleven who defeated Como in the first round. The lone change could be on the right wing, where coach Baldini seems intentioned to replace Rocchi with Buscè.

As for Juventus, coach Marcello Lippi will surely miss his long-term sidelined players, that's to say Pessotto and Zambrotta. Trezeguet and Conte have almost recovered from their injuries and will likely be back next week. Davids picked up a muscular injury during last Wednesday's Champions League match against Feyenoord and should be rested: in this case, Baiocco will be confirmed in the starting eleven.

PROBABLE LINEUPS

EMPOLI (4-2-3-1): Berti; Belleri, Cribari, Atzori, Cupi; Grella, Giampieretti; Buscè, Vannucchi, Di Natale; Saudati
Bench: Cassano, Agostani, Lucchini, Ficini, Tavano, Rocchi, Cappellini

Injuries: Barollo
Suspensions: none

----------------------------------------------

JUVENTUS (4-3-1-2): Buffon; Thuram, Iuliano, Montero, Moretti; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Baiocco; Nedved; Di Vaio, Del Piero
Bench: Cimenti, Ferrara, Birindelli, Tudor, Zenoni, Salas, Zalayeta

Injuries: Pessotto, Zambrotta, Trezeguet, Conte, Davids
Suspensions: none

----------------------------------------------

PLAYERS TO WATCH
Empoli: Luca Saudati. The former Atalanta striker faces a tough task this season, that's to say replacing Massimo Maccarone. He started in fine fashion scoring a goal against Como, and this season could prove the best of his career: three seasons ago Saudati scored 17 goals in 29 matches, and he wore Empoli's jersey…

Juventus: Alex Del Piero. The Italy international played a superb match against Atalanta, scoring twice and creating plenty of chances for his teammates. He's in great shape and his confidence is sky high, and Empoli's defence will find it really tough to limit him.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Juventus continue their title defence at Serie A new boys Empoli, but Marcello Lippi warns not to underestimate the Tuscans.

“Tonight we will face a team that is on top form and has the right attitude,” points out the tactician. “Silvio Baldini is an excellent Coach with a strong club behind him.”

Newly-promoted Empoli already have three points on their tally after hammering star-studded Como 2-0 on their home turf.

“They don’t have star names as such so few pundits talk about Empoli,” continued the Juventus boss, “but I have great respect for this side and warned my players to start concentrating on this game right from Wednesday night.”

The Bianconeri had a good performance in the midweek Champions’ League opener, although they came away from Feyenoord with only a point.

It’s believed Lippi will give Marco Di Vaio a rest for this encounter and allow Marcelo Salas his first official start of the season . Davide Baiocco should also replace Edgar Davids in midfield.

“It is better to have a large group of players to choose from rather than a small side,” assured the former Inter Coach.

“The only problem with this situation is having to take people who worked well during the week and put them in the stands. But when there are so many players they can be given time to recover and always be on top form when needed.”

Jul 18, 2002
I want to see Ruben Olivera on the pitch on this occation! I just hope that Di Vaio can boost his hopes by scoring a goal! And I want 3 bloody points :fero::D! I haven't seen Juve play (live) since last year :(:frown::down:!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)