Empoli-Juventus (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Juventus have received a huge boost with the news that Igor Tudor could return from injury by taking his place on the bench against Empoli this weekend.

"If the decision was mine, I'd play now," he said. "But the inactivity period was too long and the need is more important than my will. And with a team like this...there's no need to accelerate!"

It just gets better for Juve, :thumb:
Actually Im highly suspicious of all this good news. Too much of a good thing isnt always good.

Dont want to be a wet blanket, but I'd rather see us struggle and reach the CL semis rather than have it easy.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
My thoughts on Empoli-Juve :

I am anxious to see how Juve play in their 1st away game in the league. Midweek we saw Juve fight for a 1-1 draw with Feyenoord in the Champions League. In my opinion this was a relatively good result considering that we were away,but against Empoli we should have no trouble winning. Empoli looked pretty good in their opener against Como,but they're nothing we can't handle. We need to settle quickly and try to get an early goal or two,to take some of the pressure off and rest some of the players for the CL game with Dinamo.

About Treze and Igor returning,this is very good news,but I doubt either of them will play a big part in Saturday's match. I personally think that Salas should be given some more playing time,and if Di Vaio does not make an immediate impact in the 1st half of play then he should be drafted out for "El Matador" either at half time or near the beginning of the second half. DV had his chances against Atalanta and Feyenoord,now it is time for "El Mata" do be given his chance.

Starting lineup :

Is Zambrotta available for selection? I am not too sure so I will say that he is not. Buffon is guaranteed a place in the starting lineup,as for the defence,Thuram will most likely start at right back and Iuliano (Ferrara if Iuliano is injured) + Montero should make up the central defensive pairing. Either Birindelli (who started against Feyenoord) or Moretti will occupy the left back position. The trio in midfield will most certainly be made up of Mauro Camoranesi,Alessio Tacchinardi and Edgar Davids. Di Vaio and Del Piero will make up the front two with Nedved playing slightly behind them.

Prediction: Empoli 1 Juventus 2

kristian1199

Aug 2, 2002
-------------------------------Del Piero-----------Di Vaio----------------------
-------------------------------------------Nedved-------------------------------
Baiocco-----------------------------------------------------------Camoranesi
--------------------------------------------Davids-------------------------------
Moretti-----------------------Montero------------Iuliano-----------Thuram
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------Buffon--------------------------------
subs: Chimenti, Ferrara, Tacchinardi, Salas, Birindelli, Olivera, Zalayeta

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kristian1199 ] ++
-------------------------------Del Piero-----------Di Vaio----------------------
-------------------------------------------Nedved-------------------------------
--------------------------------------------Davids-------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------Buffon--------------------------------
Looks good :D

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
My sentiments are that all of this seasons newly promoted teams are a lot weaker than usual, if Juve were to lose or draw this game it would be a small sensation.
Personally I don't believe that juve has so poor a discipline that the players are overconfident about this match, however I am sure that they, as I, expect an easy win.

dinoo

Aug 24, 2002
what about this olivera,is he better then baioco or tachinardi maybe,i mean,i didnt saw him yet,but many people says he IS good enough for Juventus,ok,but howmuch good if he didnt play last 2 games,even was not substitute.

dinoo

Aug 24, 2002
20 09 2002
Here’s the list of the 22 players called for the Saturday’s match against Empoli:

1 Gianluigi BUFFON
2 Ciro FERRARA
3 Alessio TACCHINARDI
4 Paolo MONTERO
5 Igor TUDOR
6 Salvatore FRESI
9 Marcelo SALAS
10 Alessandro DEL PIERO
11 Pavel NEDVED
12 Antonio CHIMENTI
13 Mark IULIANO
14 Cristian ZENONI
15 Alessandro BIRINDELLI
16 Mauro CAMORANESI
18 Marco DI VAIO
19 Gianluca ZAMBROTTA
20 Davide BAIOCCO
21 Lilian THURAM
22 Landry BONNEFOI
23 Ruben OLIVERA
24 Emiliano MORETTI
25 Marcelo ZALAYETA

so,trezegoal isnt there but ok,tudor and zambo are back but we still waiting pesotto and of course king of the kings ,man who killed italy on euro2000,but still best striker who Juventus had last 5 years...HE¨LL BE BACK!!!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by kristian1199 ] ++
Brilliant line-up IMO! :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)