Empoli-Juventus (1 Viewer)

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++
i still haven't seen the penalty, they weren't kind enough to let me know it was on tv

so i can't call it yet *shrugs*
The penalty situation is included in the above nemtioned goal-link :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The keeper obstructed his right foot but there is no good explanation as to why his body was suddenly twisted clockwise from that rather small obstruction...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Del Piero is a good faller.....i think after so many injuries, he took courses on how to fall and not get hurt..Aparently, the Ref thought him spinning meant that there was a lot of contact!!!

Dumb Ref ;)

seriously (always notice how dp falls, he usually roles his body with his legs spining like a fan)......

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Theres a big difference between winning a free kick or penalty and diving, which is if you are touched minimally fall in such a way as to make it difficult for the ref to not give you the foul but diving is when you are not touched at all and you go tumbling down

In layman terms, its winning a penalty when its your team and its diving when its against your team

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
Del Piero is a good faller.....i think after so many injuries, he took courses on how to fall and not get hurt..Aparently, the Ref thought him spinning meant that there was a lot of contact!!!

Dumb Ref ;)

seriously (always notice how dp falls, he usually roles his body with his legs spining like a fan)......
is that true? i never noticed it before but now you mention it, it makes sense

it struck me as a bit dumb of someone who only just won the fairest player trophy to go putting things on

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
check it out.....specially clips from last season and the one before when DP was a lot slower.

DP seems to be a LOT tougher than last seasons. The first time i noticed it this season was when juve played Milan in the Burlesconi^1 trophy, he had a mini-war with Laursen. He even returned the knocks by tackling laursen back.......

^1 bad spelling ;)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
whats the point attempting to defend him? he dived, simple as that. He's no better than Totti in that respect. But we love him, so who cares?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)