Eminem (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
you havn't listened to enough of his music to understand what he means...
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
:thumb:
i agree
Please kindly stop making assumptions about my life, you have no idea

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Please kindly stop making assumptions about my life, you have no idea
who's making assumptions about your life??!?!
i'm just making an assumption (based on logic) about your understanding/or lack thereof! of what's behind em's lyrics.

it's quote obvious from your post.

case and point:
What's he so right about? Raping and killing his mother, or locking his girlfriend in the boot and driving drunk into the ocean?
the bolded part is refering to the track "stan" from the Marchal Mathers LP. I'm surprized you dont know (as even non-em fans know this) that em wasn't reffering to his own girlfriend and it wasn't about himself driving off a bridge. He was just talking about a hypothetical eminem fan, named Stan, who's obsessed with eminem. the story goes on till that fan drives off a bridge. Em's who point is that his fans shouldn't be doing this.

quite simple lyrics really even if you didn't see the video.

Many other songs of his which he crazy, he's actually acting out his imaginary alter ego, Slim Shady.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
case and point:

the bolded part is refering to the track "stan" from the Marchal Mathers LP. I'm surprized you dont know
:lazy: You claim that you're not making assumptions and that you have a case and point, then go on to do it in the next sentence.

btw It's Marshall Mathers, eminem superfan :p

He was just talking about a hypothetical eminem fan, named Stan, who's obsessed with eminem. the story goes on till that fan drives off a bridge. Em's who point is that his fans shouldn't be doing this.
I'm well aware that the lyrics are from Stan (how else would i know what his lyrics are?!), but the context kind of gets thrown out the window when the subject matter is so brutal. Whether he's discouraging his fans to do these things or not, the things he speaks of are far from wholesome.

btw I don't think MM's message in the song is 100% truth, because I think he'd be quite pleased if his fans tried to look and act like him, and he acknowledges that he knows this kind of thing happens... "20 million other white rappers emerge"

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
bad or not......at least he doesnt sell sex in his music unlike soooo many hip hop artists nowadays. and for that, i salute him :cool:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

:lazy: You claim that you're not making assumptions and that you have a case and point, then go on to do it in the next sentence.
like i said, that's not even a blind assumption, because it's all based on what yousaid earlier.

I'm well aware that the lyrics are from Stan (how else would i know what his lyrics are?!),
easy dude! take a chill pill! sounds like you got PMS!

but the context kind of gets thrown out the window when the subject matter is so brutal. Whether he's discouraging his fans to do these things or not, the things he speaks of are far from wholesome.
who says it gets thrown out the window?! and who? (i notice your sentance is in a passive tense) . The only people who throw it out the window are the media and the people who don't fully understand them.

So your saying that he should be rapping like that because people throw his words out of context?!!?! your confusing who's at fault here.

btw I don't think MM's message in the song is 100% truth, because I think he'd be quite pleased if his fans tried to look and act like him, and he acknowledges that he knows this kind of thing happens... "20 million other white rappers emerge"
loooking and acting like him is totally different from being obsessed with him. We wear DP kits and buy Adidas shoes, but we dont go killing ourselves if DP doesn't answer our mail?!!! please note the difference as your taking simple things out of proportion.

Also, the "20 million other white rappers emerge.." isn't referring to his fans, but to him predicting a change in the rap trend where they'll be more white rappers (though his 20 mil number is obviously exasurated). Those white rappres dont have to be his fans. He's not the first white rapper. There are others like Vanilla Ice.

The song where he clearly acknowledges that there are fans who want to immitate him is "The Real Slim Shady." He's proud of it obviously, but in this song he actually says that non will be like him. his point isn't that he wanted people to act like him. he says in many other songs that he didn't think "his words'll have an impact like this." He also refers to the people who actually do the things he raps about as "retards."

The point is, He doesn't want these kids to do the things he talks about/take words out of their context, but they do anyway and IT'S NOT HIS FAULT. The parent's job is to dicapline. His CDs are rated Mature (explicit lyrics). what more can u ask from him?!?!
I dont see anyone blaming violent movies or sick one like "the Good Son!!"

That's when it comes to kids... if your an adult and you still do what he raps about then your an idiot!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
:LOL: @ Vanilla Ice

easy dude! take a chill pill! sounds like you got PMS!
You try waiting for 4 hours to have your car fixed, then come home and have people telling you that u dunno shit about something after reading 1 sentence and totally misinterpreting it. :lazy:

The point is, He doesn't want these kids to do the things he talks about/take words out of their context, but they do anyway and IT'S NOT HIS FAULT. The parent's job is to dicapline. His CDs are rated Mature (explicit lyrics). what more can u ask from him?!?!
My point is, that he knows kids look upto him and that they're easily influenced. If I was looked upto by millions of kids around the world and i started saying "Hey kids, don't take 28cm knives and make delicates slices down people's abdomens, then disembowel them and feast on their organs", I'd obviously be taking things into too much detail, right? My question is: why does MM need to use his songs to discourage kids from doing these things when, if he didn't talk about them in the first place, they wouldn't be influenced to do!?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
:LOL: @ Vanilla Ice

You try waiting for 4 hours to have your car fixed, then come home and have people telling you that u dunno shit about something after reading 1 sentence and totally misinterpreting it. :lazy:
dont put ur anger on me... i didn't say that you dont know shit... i say you dont know enough. So far, you havn't shown otherwise.

How many CDs of him do you own? have you listened to all his songs? do you know any songs by heart?! do you live in a place where the most predominant music heard on the radio and in clubs is RAP/Hip-Hop ??

My point is, that he knows kids look upto him and that they're easily influenced. If I was looked upto by millions of kids around the world and i started saying "Hey kids, don't take 28cm knives and make delicates slices down people's abdomens, then disembowel them and feast on their organs", I'd obviously be taking things into too much detail, right? My question is: why does MM need to use his songs to discourage kids from doing these things when, if he didn't talk about them in the first place, they wouldn't be influenced to do!?
you wouldn't do that! but others will and i see nothing wrong with it because KIDS ARE NOT HIS INTENDED AUDIENCE!!! IT"S THE PARENTS FAULT FOR LETTING THE KIDS LISTEN TO HIM.

BTW, i'll repeat in difffernet words: his motive is not to tell kids dont do [ugly details]such and such [/ugly detaisl]. older people are the audience and he just tell us that these kids are retards.
if we were to sensor everything, then we'd walk around and talk to each other like big bird and snufleobugous! :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003

dont put ur anger on me... i didn't say that you dont know shit... i say you dont know enough. So far, you havn't shown otherwise.

How many CDs of him do you own?
None in physical form, i have 5 as mp3.

have you listened to all his songs?
Yes

do you know any songs by heart?!
Yes

do you live in a place where the most predominant music heard on the radio and in clubs is RAP/Hip-Hop ??
No, but it makes no difference when his songs are constantly on the radio

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

None in physical form, i have 5 as mp3.

Yes

Yes

No, but it makes no difference when his songs are constantly on the radio
ok... very well.. a little quiz :D .. please be honest no googling:

which ones are eminem songs: Bully, Who i Am, Doe Ray me, The Conspiracy Freestyle, Who knew, Bump heads, Baby U Go, and Monkey See Monkey Do ?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Hey :wth: i just realised i'm defending my knowledge of Eminem. This is ridiculous. Yo, check it out, it's ****ed up, and I don't see either one of us budging, so nigger please stick the script before the guns stick to the clip.

btw my car's working fine now, and i must say I put lives at risk when I drive like this.

You know why i think people argue so much?
Everybody's in a rush try to get the throne.

btw Majed I hope you don't think we're arguing, but i can when i feel like it. It doesnt take much for me to raise such a stink up when mother****ers hate your guts you aint even gotta say much for me to put a pen to a blank sheet of papers, like smearing blood stains with a paint brush

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Hey :wth: i just realised i'm defending my knowledge of Eminem. This is ridiculous. Yo, check it out, it's ****ed up, and I don't see either one of us budging, so nigger please stick the script before the guns stick to the clip.

btw my car's working fine now, and i must say I put lives at risk when I drive like this.

You know why i think people argue so much?
Everybody's in a rush try to get the throne.

btw Majed I hope you don't think we're arguing, but i can when i feel like it. It doesnt take much for me to raise such a stink up when mother****ers hate your guts you aint even gotta say much for me to put a pen to a blank sheet of papers, like smearing blood stains with a paint brush
good enough reply (or should i say, nice escape ;) ) :cool: :thumb: ... but i'm still skeptic about your first answer ;)

anyhowm, we'll leave it here then... :truce:

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
i love him very much and i am listening A LOT to him...

he is wonderful and he has very ungry lyrics.
i used to be an ungry kid ones.

Why angry???:confused:

Life is short...

try to enjoy it....

:):):)

OP
Lilianna

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #79
    ++ [ originally posted by Mermaidah ] ++

Why angry???:confused:

Life is short...

try to enjoy it....

:):):)

life is long enough to be full of everything.
    of happiness,sadness,anger,joy,surprises etc.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)