Emerson..... (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
:rofl: emerson to juve.....yeah ok ok....ur kidding yeah??? y would he come, if it was to piss sensi off then ill welcome him, but if we spend a lot of dosh on him then no thanks.

BTW: Pirlo was superb against depor, beautifall long/short passing on both feet....at the mo, HE is the best attacking dm.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I heard it on another forum a month ago but didn't want to post it here b/c I believed it wasn't true so don't get your hopes high.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Again if the rumor is true. His contract ends in 2005. The logical thing is that Roma sell him this summer to the highest bidder.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Emerson would be an upgrade to Tacchinardi IMO! in fact, having Emerson and Maresca in midfield would just be awesome.

roma are looking for a forward. emerson was linked to inter in exchange for Vieri. Inter are looking for a player liek Emerson also. So its going to be hard to beat inter if they offer Vieri.

still, if we were to offer say Di Vaio (who i believe Roma have showed interest in the past) and say some cash, we could get him.

but yeah, i doubt sensi would sell him to a rival like us.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
according to moggi.. Roma players WILL NOT COME TO JUVE..
the only way emerson can join juve is he join another club and buy him from there..

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
:rofl: emerson to juve.....yeah ok ok....ur kidding yeah??? y would he come, if it was to piss sensi off then ill welcome him, but if we spend a lot of dosh on him then no thanks.

BTW: Pirlo was superb against depor, beautifall long/short passing on both feet....at the mo, HE is the best attacking dm.
IMO we need Emerson (or a player like him) as much as we need a world class CD. I think Moggi would pay huge money for him, but anyway he's unlikely to join us couse the bad relation between Juve and Roma (Emerson is seemingly very loyal to his current club).

Compering him to Pirlo isnt correct, since Pirlo playz in "regista" role (as Ancelotti called his position) in front of the world best defence, and behind Gattuso and Seedorf two very effectively defending mids.

Emerson is forming an inner midfield pair with Dacourt, something like Tacch and Edgar were. His main job is to destroy, and to do some short clever passes. Since Roma is playing without any pointman he can do more attacking (he shows good scoring skills) but his true value imo is destroying and ruling the midfield.

If we had him this season, we could have done waaaay better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)