Emerson Wanted Juve Stay (2 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Emerson has revealed that he would not have left Juventus if he had been given a choice and would consider returning to play in Italy one day.

The Brazilian midfielder has finally begun to shine after moving to Real Madrid in the summer, but he wants to set the record straight about why he left Turin.

"If it had been down to me I would not have left," Emerson told Quotidiano.net. "I am happy playing for Real Madrid, but I do not want Juventus fans to consider me to be a traitor.

"I would have played in the lower divisions with Juve without any problem. I spent to wonderful seasons in Turin at a club that I still consider to great.

"I do not want to talk about 'Calciopoli' (the scandal that saw Juve relegated) and only reflect on what happened to me."

After struggling in his first few games at Madrid, reports suggested that Emerson could return to Serie A with Milan a likely destination.

"In life you can never say never," the former Roma star continued. "The only thing that is certain is that I want to look after my family.

"I have many friends in Milan, inclduing Dida and Cafú. and they tell me great things about the club and about president (Silvio) Berlusconi.

"Adriano has also said that it is easier for Brazilians to play in Milan and that his main problems at Inter depend on his relationship with some of the Argentinian players there."

When asked how he would react if Milan made enquiries about his availability, Emerson replied: "I would be very grateful, but I am a Real Madrid player. In the future though anything could happen."

Emerson then explained the expectations at the Bernabéu and how the huge marketing machine that was heavily criticised in previous seasons takes its toll on the squad.

"In Madrid I feel good," he said. "Real is like Juventus as they have prestige and a strong team, but here the pressure is even more intense.

"But it is also as if the club will win trophies for their marketing skills as much as for the footballers that we have."

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    exactly while everyone here was labeling him as a mercenery.He said the least about the club.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Michael_Cutajar said:
    its true everyone said something except Vieira as well.
    both you and jeeks are rite but most of us comdemned those that left as mercs and then they themselves propgated the situation if they opened their mouths about the club with negative connotations... i.e. good ol' lilian. but what i never understood was that why wasnt zambo and canna ever called out, they both ran like women just like viera, zlatan and thuram did. although i do not recall them opening their mouths, they were no better in the situation. was it cuz they are italians or that canna is considered a national hero which gives him a free pass or that zambo was a juventino and had no other choice?? honestly my fire was for all those that talked shit, but if i thru emerson under the bus then canna, zambo and viera must be thrown under also. my real target was thuram cuz he just cant keep his yap shut. no more free passes for the above mentioned...?

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    zambrotta also talked shit about Juve he said we deserved everything we get. Maybe Barca influenced them

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    the ones who didnt actually say anything bad were Ibra, Vieira, Emerson and Cannavaro. IN short only Zmabrotta and Thuram said shit

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    emerson is a sack of crap. he always goes where capello goes. he is just doing this to get more fans. if he wanted to stay why did he say this before we sold him?

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006
    Emerson is great and everything but i never liked the way he tackles .. anyway he should be thanked if he means this ... respect for him :)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Oh come on.. He practically said "I would've stayed at Juve" and "Sure, I'd join AC Milan anytime" in the same sentence. Please..

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Morra10 said:
    emerson is a sack of crap. he always goes where capello goes. he is just doing this to get more fans. if he wanted to stay why did he say this before we sold him?
    What good would more Juventus fans do him when he's at Real and talking about moving to Milan?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)