Emerson is Player of the Month (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2003
Emerson wants it all Saturday 9 October, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His arrival at Juventus was clouded in controversy, but Emerson is determined to make it worthwhile by winning the Scudetto and Champions’ League.

“I want to win everything with this club,” announced the Brazilian as he picked up the ‘Player of the Month’ award voted by Juve fans.

“I won’t make a choice between the Italian League title and Europe, as this is a competitive squad that is capable of going all the way in both competitions.”

For a while this summer, Emerson’s future appeared to be at Real Madrid or Inter, but Roma eventually agreed to sell him to their rivals in Turin.

“I have settled in to the Juve atmosphere very quickly,” he assured. “I don’t want to compare it to Roma, as I was happy there as well, but Turin is certainly a more tranquil city.”

Emerson has been one of the few players that Fabio Capello has not rested so far this season, as the rotation system has been necessary upfront with a series of injuries.

“David Trezeguet’s shoulder problem is different from mine,” said the man who missed the 2002 World Cup after falling awkwardly in training. “It’s up to him to decide how to best deal with it. I hope Alessandro Del Piero also returns soon, as he is a great talent who will show everyone what he is capable of.”

well done Emerson, great to have you at Juve!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Congrats to Emerson, but I don't think he deserves to be player of the month. The entire back four has been better imo, and so has Nedved, maybe Trezeguet too.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Congrats to Emerson, but I don't think he deserves to be player of the month. The entire back four has been better imo, and so has Nedved, maybe Trezeguet too.
Well actually the team worked well to get to the top of the table. I would have voted Cannavaro to be the player of the month since he is an excellent defender.

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ehfvkfao ] ++
pure class
he is better than vieira
he is so underated
virea who?! :D why should we compare Emer to someone who only knows how to collect d cards (yellow and red). For me there's nothing special in viera..

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
well imo while the back four has been impressive i think emerson's work has gone largely unnoticed because nobody gets to see the result of the countless attacks he stops singlehandedly.granted,thuram,canna and neddy may have played better,but emerson deserves a mention cos his performances have been up there too.

the worst member of the back four thus far is imo zambrotta.not because he's played badly,but he's been average defensively and zebina's outshone him in offence on several occaisions.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Although that has more to do with Zebina doing so well then Zambrotta playing bad. Who could of thought this two months ago btw, that out defense is now the strongest.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
Although that has more to do with Zebina doing so well then Zambrotta playing bad. Who could of thought this two months ago btw, that out defense is now the strongest.
Yup only 1 goal conceded so far for 7 games.
The back 4 deserves to be creditted as well.

In fact I credit every1 for their hard work hehe

Hope that this form can go on for the rest of the 2004/2005 season

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

Yup only 1 goal conceded so far for 7 games.
The back 4 deserves to be creditted as well.

In fact I credit every1 for their hard work hehe

Hope that this form can go on for the rest of the 2004/2005 season
Usually with Juve it only can get stronger.. and with Capello and these players i think it will:boxing:..beware of Juve this year but let's stay modest..;)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Yup, a moment of complacency is never allowed. Or else Juve will flop. That's y I always tell my team to be modest even if they r good and improve on themselves.

This defence should always be maintained. The strike force can be improved.

We have faith in Juve.

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
Yup, a moment of complacency is never allowed. Or else Juve will flop. That's y I always tell my team to be modest even if they r good and improve on themselves.

We have faith in Juve.
yeh and thats what i mean.. (to al the haters).. have faith in everyone from Juve:D:devil:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

We have faith in Juve.
Well said.....most important thing to have faith in our players !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)