EMERSON, IBRAHIMOVIC and MAXWELL (3 Viewers)

Jul 28, 2002
read what i said about dd being the next manager, i hope we give him time and im not bothered if we dont win schudetto straight away, as long as we play better football, and start improving and building a better team for the future.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

This would be a class midfield:

Zamb/Camo - Emerson - Maresca - Rothen, with Enzo given license to drift into the imaginary hole behind the forwards :cool: And it's not that unrealistic either as it's seemingly only a matter of time before Emerson is officially Bianconero, while there's the possibility that Rothen will follow Deschamps to Turin.

agreed. what we need in the midfield is emerson and rothen.
imo, camo should leave as soon as possible.

Jul 28, 2002
if we had enzo and emerson....teams will out battle us easily, very easily, imagina gatusso ro even de rossi againts that mdifield, we will be a bunch of nancy boys agaisnt them, unfortunatley a tac enzo, or appaiah enzo will do it for, but if u really want emrson, its bye bye enzo.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Allright.

Did you see anywhere in these posts that I or anyone else said to bring in all new young players and start over again??

No, so please don't put words in our mouths. I said that I agree with you about having a mix of young and old, but if you look at the roster, there is no mix whatsoever.

And yes, I would be patient enough to go through some lean years. I've seen them before in the 90's, so I wouldn't have a problem with it now, provided the team is headed in the right direction

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
I apologise, i mean no offense with my post.

I like what you said about being patient enough to wait some years for having results...that is the kind a supporters that really love a team...

Jul 28, 2002
the way i see it, if we build a bigger tema in the long run, we wond thave to keep spending massive amounts and restructuring the team every three years, and we the juve fans get to see youngster brought up to be heros, like dp go the chance to do.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
I apologise, i mean no offense with my post.

I like what you said about being patient enough to wait some years for having results...that is the kind a supporters that really love a team...
No offense taken. If you knew my other favorite sports teams, you'd understand that patience is something I have to deal with. LA Lakers excluded:D:D

Jul 28, 2002
im a football fan, i follow many teams, but i only support one, and thats juve.

I want them to be the best for as long as possible, not jus a flash in the pan.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
if we had enzo and emerson....teams will out battle us easily, very easily, imagina gatusso ro even de rossi againts that mdifield, we will be a bunch of nancy boys agaisnt them, unfortunatley a tac enzo, or appaiah enzo will do it for, but if u really want emrson, its bye bye enzo.
So you are saying that Emerson is a pushover, and teams will easily out work us? That doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe you haven't seen Emerson play, but he is just as strong of a tackler as Davids, possibly even stronger. Emerson IMO is even a better tackler than Tacchinardi or Appiah, so I'm not sure what you are talking about there. Right, I'm sure De Rossi, who doesn't even start that much for Roma, will out class an Emerson-Maresca partnership in midifeld. :groan:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Exactly, we need someone to start our attacks from deep in midfield. Milan have Pirlo, Arsenal have Vieira, Roma have, or should I say had (;)) Emerson, that's one of the major reasons why they enjoyed success in this now completed season imo.

Tacchinardi is good at disrupting opponent's build-ups and that kind of stuff, but he's not known for springing an attack with an inspirational through ball like Pirlo, Vieira, and Emerson are, that's why I'm so excited about the Emerson signing.

He has enough physical presence and defensive skill to stop opposing attackers, and can use his playmaking ability to start attacks and get other players into good positions. This will definitely ease the load on the playmaker's shoulders. I believe that if we had Emerson say this season, we wouldn't have failed as badly as we did, because the defence would've had more protection and neither Tacchinardi nor Nedved nor the back line would've missed Davids as much as they did.

This would be a class midfield:

Zamb/Camo - Emerson - Maresca - Rothen, with Enzo given license to drift into the imaginary hole behind the forwards :cool: And it's not that unrealistic either as it's seemingly only a matter of time before Emerson is officially Bianconero, while there's the possibility that Rothen will follow Deschamps to Turin.
Thats right, our team needs someone to lead the attacks from our own side of the field, and currently we do not have anyone who can do that besides possibly Maresca. I don't see Appiah doing that, nor Tacchinardi. So with Emerson, we will have basically another playmaker, who is also really good at the defensive aspects of the game. And since Deschamps is taking over, the 4-4-2 will probably be our system.

I'm not that big on the straight 4-4-2, but if you have the right players in the right positions, it could work very well. For that system you must have two players that are good at both apects of the game, attacking and defending. So that is one reason why I do not think a Tacchinardi-Appiah partnership in central midfield would work. They are both good at tackling, but they lack attacking capability. Therefore, our midfield would be even less effective than this year's. But throw Emerson in there along with Maresca, and you have one player who is great at BOTH aspects of the game, and one who has good attacking skills with adequate defending. Or, overall, a great midfield. Emerson in more of a holding role, and Maresca being able to move a little more freely. And with the possibilty of Rothen on the left, that midfield would be one of the best attacking sides in Europe, while still being sound defensively.

I am not sure about Rothen though. Maybe he is out of Moggi's reach, but Deschamps might be able to bring him along.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
So you are saying that Emerson is a pushover, and teams will easily out work us? That doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe you haven't seen Emerson play, but he is just as strong of a tackler as Davids, possibly even stronger. Emerson IMO is even a better tackler than Tacchinardi or Appiah, so I'm not sure what you are talking about there. Right, I'm sure De Rossi, who doesn't even start that much for Roma, will out class an Emerson-Maresca partnership in midifeld. :groan:
Agreed. I was shocked to read that an Enzo-Emmo midfield would be shite, I completely disagree. It has creativity and solidity. Okay, Maresca isn't the best defensive player in the world, but I think that's a formidable attacking defensive midfielder lineup

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't think we could really go wrong with Zambrotta, Emerson and Maresca in midfield because they're all excellent two-way players.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Guys, you are all forgetting that Nedved will be here next season. There are no links and I think that Moggi has no intensions to sell Nedved and I don't know why DD should do that!

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
maybe, moggi is waiting the Eurocup to give Pavel a chance to make a show off and increase his value in the market ?

Anyway, i think moggi will decide about nedved after the cup....

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I doubt that Moggi is even thinking of selling Nedved! At least not for an offer under 40 mln €.
You can't replace a player like Nedved. Rothen is good, but not Nedved. I have never seen an off. player with such a working rate! He is more than just a player for this club, and I am sure that he will stay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)