EMERSON, IBRAHIMOVIC and MAXWELL (8 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
Assuming that they play a 4-3-1-2 formation like they did last year, then to me, what they should do is field a midfield of Nedved-Tacchinardi-Appiah, move Maresca into the 1 position, and bring Camo off the bench, or if they sell Nedved, move Camo into the starting 11. I haven't given up on Appiah just yet. He's only 23, with a lot of physical gifts, and this was his first season for a big club. I still think that Tacchinardi can do a decent job in central midfield, as long as his primary role is that of a Defensive Midfielder who can control the middle. If anything, I would like to see Juve give Blasi or Brighi a chance to be the heir apparent to Tacchinardi.
But if Nedved is sold, which looks very likely now since Deschamps is coming, our "3" in the midfield would lack creativity and attacking ability, thus Maresca or another "1" player would have to always come back and get the ball to settle things down in the midfield. This is where Emerson would help, greatly. He is a creative midfield destroyer who has the skill of a playmaker. So instead of Maresca having to track back to pick up the ball, Emerson will already be there to command possession in central midfield.

I can see your point about wanting younger players, and that should be a priority, especially in the defense. But Emerson would add so much to the team, even though it is for a short term basis, probably 2 years.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And then in two years Andrea, Juve will have to spend another 12-15 million to find Emerson's replacement. So that could very easily be 24-30 million in the span of 4 years on one position.

If emerson was 24, then fine. I would be able to compare that to when Kaka was purchased by Milan, when they already had Rui Costa and people wondered why Milan bought him. Not only did they get him on the cheap, but they also found Costa's successor.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And then in two years Andrea, Juve will have to spend another 12-15 million to find Emerson's replacement. So that could very easily be 24-30 million in the span of 4 years on one position.

If emerson was 24, then fine. I would be able to compare that to when Kaka was purchased by Milan, when they already had Rui Costa and people wondered why Milan bought him. Not only did they get him on the cheap, but they also found Costa's successor.
Well, I know, but what in life doesn't cost money? Every team must dish it out to be successful, and if Emerson plays as well he did at Roma the past seasons, he'll be well worth it IMO, finally replacing the spot left by Davids.

And after that two years by Emerson, and his time is up, Appiah will be ready and mature enough to take that job. So we would not have to spend anything for a replacement, we already have one.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

Well, I know, but what in life doesn't cost money? Every team must dish it out to be successful, and if Emerson plays as well he did at Roma the past seasons, he'll be well worth it IMO, finally replacing the spot left by Davids.

And after that two years by Emerson, and his time is up, Appiah will be ready and mature enough to take that job. So we would not have to spend anything for a replacement, we already have one.

Moggi + Foolish Pride + 12-15 million= Davids' Replacement.

This could have been avoided months ago. Either they could have re-signed him or let him go last summer when it was apparent that he wouldn't have re-upped his contract.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Moggi + Foolish Pride + 12-15 million= Davids' Replacement.

This could have been avoided months ago. Either they could have re-signed him or let him go last summer when it was apparent that he wouldn't have re-upped his contract.
Yeah, that was one of Moggi biggest mistakes. And Lippi supposedly not playing him because of it really hurt the team.

Jul 28, 2002

dude we agree again :cool:

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
I dont think Moggi needs my defence, but all of you are talking about how he left Davids go, and none of you remembering how Davids was bought.

He was written off in Milan, and was benched most of the games, when Moggi signed him during the mid-season transfer gap for bargain and then he became the player of the year in the jersey of Juventus.

All of us know the credits of Edgar Davids, but all of us know he is nearly impossible to handle, both for his coach and for the leadership of his club. He had problems everywhere since he left Ajax, he was sent home from euro 96, coudnt settle in Milan, had been charged with violent acts against his wife, caught positive in dope-test. And he was not so convinceing during the second part his last full-season. He wanted to play in a more attacking role, started to dribble bit more, and lost quite so many balls in his own half. When he had to be substituted against Milan in CL final because of a pull, I dont think I was the only one who thought he is starting to get old. Than he started the season with a 16.-th minute send off (and penalty) against the Check Republik in the crucial EC qualifier game (dutch were finish second, and had to play against the Scotts to qualify to EC). After this match he stated he dont want to be a pitbull anymore, he want to be recognized about his attacking qualities in the future.

Sure It was unlucky to let him go without transfer fee and quality replacement, but Im getting more-and-more convinced that it was a miracle how Moggi and Lippi could handle him during his stay. and we shouldnt forget about it when we criticize them about how Edgar left.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
I dont think Moggi needs my defence, but all of you are talking about how he left Davids go, and none of you remembering how Davids was bought.

He was written off in Milan, and was benched most of the games, when Moggi signed him during the mid-season transfer gap for bargain and then he became the player of the year in the jersey of Juventus.

Sure It was unlucky to let him go without transfer fee and quality replacement, but Im getting more-and-more convinced that it was a miracle how Moggi and Lippi could handle him during his stay. and we shouldnt forget about it when we criticize them about how Edgar left.
110 % agree. im been reapeating the same all season long.....

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So then, it makes perfect sense for them to spend 12-15 million euros for his replacement, who can probably, maybe, give 3 more years at his current form, when that money can be channeled into buying younger players.

The Davids issue aside, because not all of us would agree on how it was handled and how it should have been handled, and what's done is done. My issue with this management is the direction they are taking the team into the future, and unfortunately, from where I'm sitting, they seem to be operating in a 3 year cycle, where they are paying top dollar for talent that is already in its prime, and hope to catch lightning in a bottle. Meanwhile, they are not buying any young starlets to complement these players and give us hope for the future.

These stop-gap solutions are beginning to drive me crazy.

Jul 28, 2002
If anyone rememebers, im sure tom does, eddy cant really pass, and his shooting is a shite. His attacking qualities revolves around his technical ball control...not his distribution and shooting, something i believe eddy was useless at.

But he was amazing at other things, but shooting and passin...:rofl:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

But if Nedved is sold, which looks very likely now since Deschamps is coming, our "3" in the midfield would lack creativity and attacking ability, thus Maresca or another "1" player would have to always come back and get the ball to settle things down in the midfield. This is where Emerson would help, greatly. He is a creative midfield destroyer who has the skill of a playmaker. So instead of Maresca having to track back to pick up the ball, Emerson will already be there to command possession in central midfield.

I can see your point about wanting younger players, and that should be a priority, especially in the defense. But Emerson would add so much to the team, even though it is for a short term basis, probably 2 years.
Exactly, we need someone to start our attacks from deep in midfield. Milan have Pirlo, Arsenal have Vieira, Roma have, or should I say had (;)) Emerson, that's one of the major reasons why they enjoyed success in this now completed season imo.

Tacchinardi is good at disrupting opponent's build-ups and that kind of stuff, but he's not known for springing an attack with an inspirational through ball like Pirlo, Vieira, and Emerson are, that's why I'm so excited about the Emerson signing.

He has enough physical presence and defensive skill to stop opposing attackers, and can use his playmaking ability to start attacks and get other players into good positions. This will definitely ease the load on the playmaker's shoulders. I believe that if we had Emerson say this season, we wouldn't have failed as badly as we did, because the defence would've had more protection and neither Tacchinardi nor Nedved nor the back line would've missed Davids as much as they did.

This would be a class midfield:

Zamb/Camo - Emerson - Maresca - Rothen, with Enzo given license to drift into the imaginary hole behind the forwards :cool: And it's not that unrealistic either as it's seemingly only a matter of time before Emerson is officially Bianconero, while there's the possibility that Rothen will follow Deschamps to Turin.

Jul 28, 2002
What we need is enzo, he can do hat without spending shag loads on them.

The trick with arsenal, is that have extremely good wide men, we have nobody...

Pirlo can do his job becuase they have gatusso protecting the back as well.

Emerson ...please dont get me started, i have resigned to the fact we will get him , but jeese, he had better come for less than 10 million.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
So then, it makes perfect sense for them to spend 12-15 million euros for his replacement, who can probably, maybe, give 3 more years at his current form, when that money can be channeled into buying younger players.

The Davids issue aside, because not all of us would agree on how it was handled and how it should have been handled, and what's done is done. My issue with this management is the direction they are taking the team into the future, and unfortunately, from where I'm sitting, they seem to be operating in a 3 year cycle, where they are paying top dollar for talent that is already in its prime, and hope to catch lightning in a bottle. Meanwhile, they are not buying any young starlets to complement these players and give us hope for the future.

These stop-gap solutions are beginning to drive me crazy.
with all due repect, i totally disagree with this.

If you channel your money mainly in buying young players for the future, you will be competitive....in the future, not now.

Having a mixed squad of seasoned players and some young players as been the rule moggi follows. I think is right the way to do it for a team where constant success is a must.

If you call "catch lightning in a bootle" to win scudettos and fight for CL, then...yes, they hope to catch lightning in a bootle...and they had succeded in do it with this formula.
finally if this situation drives you crazy, look for psychatric assistance....or change your favorite team....Probably Parma will suit you...

Jul 28, 2002
It would be nice to see juve buying the top younger players for the future, it would jus be soo much nicer, than having to watch money constantly plowed into the team for re structure.

Man U and aresenal succes is down to great youth developement, their top player wer eonly young when they came and now look at them.

We shoudnt do and inter and expect it all to be ok by signing experience players all the time. Imo we have plenty of experience , we lack raw ability and talent...something gila, rothen and mexes bring.

Emo...right now he is at his best, i doubt he will get much better.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Here's the difference between ourselves and Parma. We would never have to sell off our young players in order to make ends meet.

We could always have a good mix of seasoned players and young starlets, but looking at the current situation we have right now, exactly how many young starlets do we have??

One? (Maresca)

We have far too many seasoned (old) players on this team for my taste, and they are going to turn around and buy Emerson.

That's what bothers me. I agree with you on a mix of young players and veterans, but its skewed way too much to the latter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)