EMERSON, IBRAHIMOVIC and MAXWELL (24 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
I do think that Sensi wants a player. Juve is known to include players in transfers, and Sensi is clever. He knows that Juve really want Emerson, and he will get Maresca, if there is no other way for Juve to get Emerson!
I think you're forgetting that Juve has the upper hand in this situation. Sure, we want Emerson, but he's just a luxury AFAIConcerned. We're the ones who have the money that Roma so desperately need, so I'm sure Sensi won't be so tactless as to be stubborn with us, threatening not to give us Emerson if they don't get Maresca

Buy on AliExpress.com

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

I think you're forgetting that Juve has the upper hand in this situation. Sure, we want Emerson, but he's just a luxury AFAIConcerned. We're the ones who have the money that Roma so desperately need, so I'm sure Sensi won't be so tactless as to be stubborn with us, threatening not to give us Emerson if they don't get Maresca
I agree with you, but as I said, Sensi is not stupid! He will ask for Maresca! We do have the upper hand, however, I think that we all don't really know what is going on in the negotiation. We will have to wait! Fortunatly, Ithink that Moggi is counting on Enzo......

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004

Juve doesnt have the upper hand in this situation...

We are not the ONLY ones who as the money Roma desesperatly needs, also Real Madrid, Chelsea, And Munchen have the money and have interest in Emerson...

Sensi is more tactless and stubborn than you can imagine and has swear his ethernal hate to Juve long time ago.....

venom

Oct 22, 2003
According to GdS Sensi has put 2 mils more on Emerson's price tag, and it's now €15M. Sensi really wants to lose him on free next year:confused: I hope that'll be the case.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
New idea: Get Emerson and give Roma Maresca. Get Matuzalem and we will have an all Brazilian midfield.
Matuzalem-----Emerson looks good, and we have enough good Italian young midfielders:
Gasbarroni, Brighi, Blasi.....

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
Matusalem is last year's Appiah. Similar players and both player CM. Plus he is very young so what is the point? Emerson will be used to help Appiah and Maresca develop even more....Appiah more so as he needs more experience it seems.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Latest news from sports.it"

*We do have an agreement with Emerson and he WANTS to play for us,he snubbed all others.so we do have the upper hand in the situation,but it was said that now Sensi made his mind on the final price-------15mil.Juve will pay around 6 plus Matuzalem or 12mil or let him stay at Roma one more year and then get him for free.so we are in good situation in the case.*

only thing that bothers me is that i want Emerson now!not next season!
But i think Roma will has more to lose,and they will have no choice just to accept our offer.12 mil or 6 +Matuzalem.Great news.:cool:

*The other one is about Gila and Morientes case.Parma have said that until the end of June at least Gila won't leave.Although it is clear that he wants to play for Juve not Roma.But doesn't want to play that game.he wants to be guarented with some striker,so case looks like we get an agreement with Real about MOrientes(Deschamps asked for Morientes),And MOrientes also looks interested.
So Moggi makes it pretty clever.Gila is our first priority but if anything happans and we lose him,then we get Morientes.*

If u ask me?Briliant.:cool:

*The last one is about Jerome Rothen who said once again that he is very interested to play with Deschamps in Turin.So Deschamps has all the chances to bring him*

Simply great!:)

And i am sure we will get Bonera and one of Ferrari/Mexes.so don't worry for the defenders buying.(John 10 ;) )

FORZA MOGGI!FORZA JUVE!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++
So Moggi makes it pretty clever.Gila is our first priority but if anything happans and we lose him,then we get Morientes.*

If u ask me?Briliant.:cool:
Why is everyone under the impression that we can make up for the loss of the most promising young striker in Italy by signing players who are reaching/over the peak of their careers?

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

Why is everyone under the impression that we can make up for the loss of the most promising young striker in Italy by signing players who are reaching/over the peak of their careers?
I wonder that too... We shouldn't lose Gilardino, he's Juve fan and all... But think about this, if Emerson costs 12million euros and Mexes costs 5-6million euros, we could have got them both just by selling Trez to chelsky or barca for £15m, which was the rumour month ago...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
emerson can suck ass if it involves maresca. I don't really like the player in the first place, but I don't really care what happens.

now, maxwell on the other hand.. :cheesy:
:thumb:
Maxwell rocks!! And he's free and young, he'll be great!!

Aug 1, 2003
I PRAY we'll get him :D

anyway, with all due respect.. what pisses me off is that Moggi is concentrating on Emerson. as in he's our utmost target. that's just ludicrous, shouldn't we be focusing on defenders ?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
all areas should be concentrated on....defenders are important, but we cant forget that we are losing trezeguet and we ned a midfield boost as well.

maxwell would be nice nonetheless.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

dude, i believe that i have to say thank you..finally someone is brave enough to go agaisnt the trend (and agree with me:D) that a big name player is not the best solution.

dude, massive respect to you.:cool:
I want young players, especially young players where they are needed, which is defense.

nothing against Emerson, he's a good player and all, but he's going to be 29, so he's already reached his ceiling for improvement, and midfield is not that big of a need. And that 12 million can be better spent.

Here's how I see it.

Assuming that they play a 4-3-1-2 formation like they did last year, then to me, what they should do is field a midfield of Nedved-Tacchinardi-Appiah, move Maresca into the 1 position, and bring Camo off the bench, or if they sell Nedved, move Camo into the starting 11. I haven't given up on Appiah just yet. He's only 23, with a lot of physical gifts, and this was his first season for a big club. I still think that Tacchinardi can do a decent job in central midfield, as long as his primary role is that of a Defensive Midfielder who can control the middle. If anything, I would like to see Juve give Blasi or Brighi a chance to be the heir apparent to Tacchinardi.

To me, an improved defense will relieve an awful lot of pressure on the midfielders, and actually allow them to do their job, which is cover the middle of the pitch, and allow our creators to create, instead of having to rush back into defense to cover for our defenders many physical and mental lapses.

John, I have been and will be against this Emerson signing, but I'm resigned to the fate that its going to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)