Emanuele Giaccherini (5 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Kind of disappointing, as I was hoping Conte would bring him to Chelsea and start him.

Napoli need all the depth they can get though, at that price it is a good deal. Sarri should like him.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Emanuele Giaccherini claims Napoli will not win anything under Maurizio Sarri after accusing the Coach of neglecting his squad players.

Giaccherini played just 344 minutes of Serie A football in two years at Napoli, before joining Chievo on deadline day last month, and the former Italy midfielder admitted he did not “feel important” under Sarri.

“He has a relationship problem with squad players,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“For him, there are only 14-15 players, but if you want to win things, you have to manage the entire squad.

“You have to make everyone feel important, but I didn’t feel like that at Napoli. I also asked myself why I played so little. Perhaps it was because of my injury.

“There was also a tactical mistake. I’m a 'mezz’ala’ [central midfielder] and not a winger, but I never allowed myself to ask him why I never played.

“For [Antonio] Conte, everyone’s important and no-one’s indispensable. For Sarri, his starting XI are indispensable and the others come after.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)