Emanuele Giaccherini (8 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
I love giach and will be sad to see him leave. His determination and team mentality made him one of my favorites. As a starter for Sunderland he would give them a lot. I think maybe he wants to play regularly for the World Cup as thats the only reason I could think of for him to leave. The way he played for Italy this summer showed how he could be a leader and star player for another team so I am happy for him to get that shot at Sunderland. I hope he dominates, Sunderland for the EPL title!

I remember Conte said Giach was untouchable once, so it makes me sad he is letting him go. But it is really good business I guess for our utility player/super sub to cover most of the cost of the Tevez transfer considering Tevez is going to lead our attack and be our marquee player

Apr 15, 2006
we are getting Jojo.
If we do, then we certainly won't pay the 30m. Which means we don't really need Giacch's sale cos we already got the funds for it. Plus, it's better to get that money by makes necessary sales(Quags/Matri/Vucinic/Gio) rather than a backup player we have no trouble keeping in the squad.

Priorities dude... fuck!

- - - Updated - - -

Can Pepe cover Giacch position? He can right?
Since Giacc mostly plays CM at Juve, Pepe won't need to.

Oct 23, 2011
This guy played a couple of games above his standards in the Confederations Cup. But to be fair, players like Giac shouldn't even be playing for Italy in the first place. It's because Italian coaches, like Prandelli, like these type of players who don't complain. But let's not fool ourselves, besides a couple of moments, this guy has been massively annoying and frustrating to watch last season. I actually like him as a person and respect him for how much he gives on the field and where he comes from.. but an amount of more than 10 mil is simple put daylight robbery.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
@sheik but what happenx when you cant sell players likemelo,ziegler,motta,matri and quag? Do you just not sell anyone?
In a worst case scenario, we continue a policy of loans to keep the wage cost off books. The amounts.saved accumulates to very large amounts of money.

But that is a worst case scenario. Matri a.nd Quag obviously don't come into that category. They will end up in due course at places like Bologna or similar, after they give us a realistic amount of moolah.

Jul 20, 2012
In a worst case scenario, we continue a policy of loans to keep the wage cost off books. The amounts. saved accumulates the very large amounts of money.

But that is a worst case scenario. Matri a.nd Quag obviously don't come into that category. They will end up in due course at places like Bologna or similar.
I agree but what i was trying to say is when the opportunity comes to sell s non essential plsyer like giach for a good offer then juve should sell them

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So obvious, PL teams lol.

€10m really is a lot for Giacc, as much as I like him. We paid €7.25m for him overall and he's hardly going to get any better.

If he wasn't such a relaxed character I'd expect he might reject the move, because he's living the dream here. He's also useful, as bad as he may seem at times. You're essentially throwing a quite limited player on at the end of games to make a difference, logic says that won't happen too often. Tactically and in terms of versatility he'll do a good job over a run of games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)