Emanuele Giaccherini (8 Viewers)

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
The sale of this player for circa €10m to Sunderland FC has indeed come as a real surprise. However, if our coach has said he is a big fan of Giacc I cannot imagine for a single moment that this has been done without the ulterior motive of freeing up funds to complete both the signing of Ogbonna tomorrow, subject to a medical, whilst the residue of the funds that were in place will now be used with a cash plus 2 player option for Fiorentina to consider alongside, if reports are true, that of Man City tmro.

The timing of this sale to Sunderland is most intersting for that reason I believe.

The time has now come to stop pissing about on the matter of Jovetic. It really is time to put up or shut for Marotta & co. Especially now that Callejon has been officially announced at Napoli, at a fee that still leaves Benitez free to see an additional bid for Jojo made with the money saved from missing out on Gomez.

As for Giacc, I wish him well. I just hope can acclimatize to the freezing cold Winter temperatures up there in the NE of England.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dibble

Jul 9, 2013
Gents, Sunderland fan here in peace.

I see its now looking more likely that we may sign Giaccherini so was just looking to get some views. I've gone through your thread and can see that he isn't your most technical player but most of you view him as good squad player. Clearly, the Premier League is different to Serie A in that pace and energy play a more important part than the more closed, strategic games in Serie A. Were his recent performances for Italy recently a good reflection of his general output as a player?

Finally, whilst I have high hopes for Di Canio's reign at Sunderland, I'm not getting cocky and appreciate Juve play at a completely different level to us, whilst he may not be a great player for yourselves, what level would you put him at?

Any other thoughts appreciated, cheers lads.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
He always gives 105% and he can play a variety of positions. He's best at LW, which is where he was generally lurking around at the Confed Cup. You will appreciate how he fights every second of every game he plays.

10m is practically Juve robbing you guys, but I don't mind :tup:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Gents, Sunderland fan here in peace.

I see its now looking more likely that we may sign Giaccherini so was just looking to get some views. I've gone through your thread and can see that he isn't your most technical player but most of you view him as good squad player. Clearly, the Premier League is different to Serie A in that pace and energy play a more important part than the more closed, strategic games in Serie A. Were his recent performances for Italy recently a good reflection of his general output as a player?

Finally, whilst I have high hopes for Di Canio's reign at Sunderland, I'm not getting cocky and appreciate Juve play at a completely different level to us, whilst he may not be a great player for yourselves, what level would you put him at?

Any other thoughts appreciated, cheers lads.

Welcome to the forums.

Think of a player who will run until his lungs explode, fight for every ball as if it is the last time he will ever play, and a player who has character to spare, and that is what you have in Giaccherini.

As long as you don't expect him to score 10 goals a season, he will be a fan favorite, because this guy will play to the death if he had to.

He needs space to do his best work. If you give him the space to run, he will get from the center line to the penalty area in the blink of an eye. He just can't score goals all too well.

Dibble

Jul 9, 2013
He always gives 105% and he can play a variety of positions. He's best at LW, which is where he was generally lurking around at the Confed Cup. You will appreciate how he fights every second of every game he plays.

10m is practically Juve robbing you guys, but I don't mind :tup:
You paid 7m for him in total and hes become an Italian International since?

Another thing to bear in mind is it could be difficult attracting certain players to the North East so, for some, we may pay over the odds. What would you value him at?

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Dibble, I'd have to say that Giacc's style is probably mighty conducive to the EPL, inasmuch as he is a player with a big heart and gives his all for the 90' or however many minutes he gets as a sub when he comes on.

He has bags of energy and that was typified by the performances he put in for Prandelli last month in the Confed cup.

Dibble

Jul 9, 2013
Welcome to the forums.

Think of a player who will run until his lungs explode, fight for every ball as if it is the last time he will ever play, and a player who has character to spare, and that is what you have in Giaccherini.

As long as you don't expect him to score 10 goals a season, he will be a fan favorite, because this guy will play to the death if he had to.

He needs space to do his best work. If you give him the space to run, he will get from the center line to the penalty area in the blink of an eye. He just can't score goals all too well.
Thanks King of Kings. Is he a regular starter for Juve? Im very conscious that its a big jump from Juve to Sunderland, when you say he can't score goals too well, how bad is he, bad for Juve or bad full stop?

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
I love giac but for 10 mil, Hmmmmmm

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks King of Kings. Is he a regular starter for Juve? Im very conscious that its a big jump from Juve to Sunderland, when you say he can't score goals too well, how bad is he, bad for Juve or bad full stop?
Definitely not a regular starter. Comes on towards to end of the match either to help get a goal, or run the ball and kill time. His scoring record is not great, but seems to be improving. He is also one of our coaches favourites (as the media says).

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

Another thing to bear in mind is it could be difficult attracting certain players to the North East so, for some, we may pay over the odds. What would you value him at?
We didn't pay 7 for him. It was around 5 iirc, I value him at 7.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

I'd say 8m euros plus another 2m if Sunderland avoid relegation this year would be pretty fair.

Apr 15, 2006
He's not bad at all. If you check out some of his goals on YouTube, you'll see that he can finish well. He's not like Torres during those wonderful years at Chelsea. If he gets into a good position, he'll score, alright.

Dibble

Jul 9, 2013
I love giac but for 10 mil, Hmmmmmm

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely not a regular starter. Comes on towards to end of the match either to help get a goal, or run the ball and kill time. His scoring record is not great, but seems to be improving. He is also one of our coaches favourites (as the media says).
Strikes me as a player similar to James Milner, not the most talented but does a job for the team...might be very good for Sunderland.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)