Emanuele Giaccherini (2 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
Nah, you're actually making no sense. Not to take anything away from his goal last week, but to say we should keep him just because of that is dumb.
No, that's not the reason we should keep him. We must keep him for his great relationship with Conte, his versatility and willingness to be a bench player without demanding for playing time. You only need to look at players like Pazienza and Lucio to see how important it is to accept that role. Conte needs player who consider themselves to be at his disposal rather than ones who constantly want a chance to play.

You, on the other hand, want him gone not for valid reasons, but simply because you don't like him. Despite mostly coming on as a sub and being decisive to our progress, you want to sell him. So the only one not making sense here is you.

Right in what sense? I never said Giacherrini is useless; he's useful (sometimes) off the bench, and that is all he is going to be. Borriello scored a couple of useful goals in our Scudetto push last season, but he will always be a dud.

As for selling Giac, if we get an offer of 8-9 million, then we should definitely do it, as we would make a profit, and he is easily replaceable.
Right in the sense that I'm right and you are wrong! :p

JK. But one look at this team and it's clear that Giacc is not a player of concern. He's loved by Conte and he's accepted his role well. He doesn't seem to be on a high salary, and he hasn't been unworthy of Juve when he's been called upon. I honestly don't see any reason to replace him other than personal hatred. He's like Pepe: a player necessary for such a team. So talking about selling him is pointless. We really need to think about replacing duds in our starting 11 and who earn quite a bit. And I mean someone like Vucinic.

Just curious, who would you replace Giaccherini with and why?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I wouldn't sell him either, unless an offer of 8-9 million was made. In that case, I would be tempted to sell him just for the money :D

I can't think of anyone I'd replace him with that would accept the bench/his role, but then again that isn't my job :p

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
No, that's not the reason we should keep him. We must keep him for his great relationship with Conte, his versatility and willingness to be a bench player without demanding for playing time. You only need to look at players like Pazienza and Lucio to see how important it is to accept that role. Conte needs player who consider themselves to be at his disposal rather than ones who constantly want a chance to play.

You, on the other hand, want him gone not for valid reasons, but simply because you don't like him. Despite mostly coming on as a sub and being decisive to our progress, you want to sell him. So the only one not making sense here is you.

Right in the sense that I'm right and you are wrong! :p

JK. But one look at this team and it's clear that Giacc is not a player of concern. He's loved by Conte and he's accepted his role well. He doesn't seem to be on a high salary, and he hasn't been unworthy of Juve when he's been called upon. I honestly don't see any reason to replace him other than personal hatred. He's like Pepe: a player necessary for such a team. So talking about selling him is pointless. We really need to think about replacing duds in our starting 11 and who earn quite a bit. And I mean someone like Vucinic.

Just curious, who would you replace Giaccherini with and why?
Well put. With a fine ending...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)