Emanuele Giaccherini (2 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Giaccherini: A Scudetto goal?
By Football Italia staff

Juventus’ Emanuele Giaccherini is delighted with his winning goal in the 1-0 over Catania. “I hope it brings the Scudetto.”

The Old Lady moved nine points clear at the top of the table on Sunday, with 10 games left, but they needed an injury-time strike from the substitute.

“I don’t know if this will turn out to be the goal that decides the Scudetto,” the Italian international commented. “I hope so.

“For the moment, it’s important for the team and takes us nine points clear of Napoli.”

The 27-year-old has struggled for action this term, seeing as his second League goal of the campaign came in just his 12th appearance.

“I work a great deal during the week to make sure I’m ready to seize these opportunities,” the former Cesena man noted. “Who do I dedicate this goal to? Myself…”

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I find it particularly infuriating and puzzling that people just can't appreciate the moment and the contribution of the player made at that moment in time.

Yes, he's a limited player. No kidding. Everybody knows that. But the guy doesn't lack heart and effort, and I find it nearly impossible, no, correct that, impossible, to root against a player like him. If everyone in this squad had the heart of Giacch, this squad would be undefeated.

Thank you Emanuele, for your contribution to this victory.

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
The guy's a decent player and a great bargain, of course there is room for him in this squad. I have never been more skeptical of a Juve transfer than I was when we signed Giaccherini because for all I knew the guy missed a complete sitter against us and looked really weak. He proved me wrong immediately once he arrived and just like Pepe, he's a likeable character :)

Aug 1, 2003
I find it particularly infuriating and puzzling that people just can't appreciate the moment and the contribution of the player made at that moment in time.

Yes, he's a limited player. No kidding. Everybody knows that. But the guy doesn't lack heart and effort, and I find it nearly impossible, no, correct that, impossible, to root against a player like him. If everyone in this squad had the heart of Giacch, this squad would be undefeated.

Thank you Emanuele, for your contribution to this victory.
completely agree. very useful squad player to have, and he doesn't even complain. he's come a long way.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sums up my idea of him as a footballer perfectly :lol2:
Maybe so. But why do "fans" gotta shit down the player's throat when he may have just scored the Scudetto-winning goal?

At least save that for when he turns over the ball, hands Juve the loss, and costs us a drop in the standings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)