Emanuele Giaccherini (4 Viewers)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Was good, vice-Marchisio I suppose, all right to have in the squad if you've got a good midfielder to cover up his lack of presences and ability to be seen to influence the game.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I love Giacchy, but we can't play with that type of midfield again; way, way too lightweight, zero protection for the D; luckily we were playing Genoa. Conte should have known better than to field two WB's who are coming off an injury layoff, and 3 fairly light weight CMs.

This was a very lucky win.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Can't play him with Marchisio in the MF, he should be a direct replacement of Marchisio if anything.
we can't play with that type of midfield again; way, way too lightweight, zero protection for the D
Agreed.

If you have Pirlo in the midfield, you always need at least one of Vidal, Asamoah and Pogba in there to provide some muscle.

Apr 15, 2006
Can't help but think that the Euro experience have him a boost in confidence. Can't remember a game from last season where he was involved in do much of our play. I still think we have better players for the starting 11. But in such games where important players need to be tested, he'll surely be a fine backup.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
Indeed-....was mad at him because of his poor first half..... But the guy came for the kill in the second. An example to foloow.

Poor first half? him and Gio were the only 2 playing well

But we definitely can't have him alongside Marchisio and Pirlo. One of Vidal, Asa or at least Pogba has to play to cover the middle

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Poor first half? him and Gio were the only 2 playing well

But we definitely can't have him alongside Marchisio and Pirlo. One of Vidal, Asa or at least Pogba has to play to cover the middle
Yes he had a very poor first half, the comments on the live thread verify that. He has shown a Di Livio/Pepe lke persistance though and i understand the sympathy, esp after the great first 15' at second half that concluded to the goal. But objectvely though, you cannot forget a whole first half and Giacche was horrible there, at his fair effort, to produce smth and everything turned out horrible, his passes, dribbles, shoots, everything...

All the while Marchisio played it safe and was objectvely far more productive and less wastefull.
As for the second half, it was completely overshowdowed by the epic performance of the turn table Asamoah, who created the penalty and sealed the victory!
So claiming that Giacche was our best man, is a bit overstretched...

And i agree, to balance the midfield a dynamic midfielder like Vidal/Asamoah/Pogba is a must!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)