Emanuele Giaccherini (14 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is very excellent on the ball and finding space, runs rings around players, but he has little to no end product, thats part of why I much prefer him as a CM. Penetrate the space between opposition defence and midfield and start attacks for us, then pass it along, instead of being strictly winger or forward where he gets the ball in final third and has to make the decisive last ball every time. He is lacking in latter, plus it suits him more to roaming around freely being a menace as a box to box CM (his ball control is very good so generally good at maintaining possession), more space to run rings around players or play 1-2s. But he would be quite of a player to have if he had much of an end product in decisive passes/crosses (most of our counters suck because our players screw up ze final ball).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Shame he lacks composure and end product because he is great at timing runs from deep.

Still, as hard as he works, the midfield still looks more open and exposed when he plays instead of a real midfielder.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Red, who would you say he reminds of?

Cause everytime I see him play, he reminds of Valbuena.
Valbuena, to me, is far more about technique than off-the-ball movement.

Don't know who Giaccherini reminds me of, because it's so rare you see midget winger/forward types played in a deeper role in midfield.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
For the last time, stickiness isn't a badge of freaking honor. It's a conversational bookmark. Get over the gloryhunting mentality. It's bad enough that it's coming out of the walls because we're not losing much...
You really don't know what sticky is.

Only players who perform well deserve sticky. Stickiness is a tool to measure players weekly performance.

Giach deserves to be sticky ATM.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Suprised his not a sticky yet. Been consistently on super form. His directness is something weve lacked for years. What a signing, and what a player his turned out to be.
He's definitely better in the center than wide :agree:
He is very excellent on the ball and finding space, runs rings around players, but he has little to no end product, thats part of why I much prefer him as a CM. Penetrate the space between opposition defence and midfield and start attacks for us, then pass it along, instead of being strictly winger or forward where he gets the ball in final third and has to make the decisive last ball every time. He is lacking in latter, plus it suits him more to roaming around freely being a menace as a box to box CM (his ball control is very good so generally good at maintaining possession), more space to run rings around players or play 1-2s. But he would be quite of a player to have if he had much of an end product in decisive passes/crosses (most of our counters suck because our players screw up ze final ball).
He kind of reminded me of Camoranesi today, not as good though...
Shame he lacks composure and end product because he is great at timing runs from deep.

Still, as hard as he works, the midfield still looks more open and exposed when he plays instead of a real midfielder.

Not to be blasphemous, but he reminds me of Nedved a bit. He plays like a winger, but is much better roaming the field. Starting from the middle free to go either way and finding space. He's not of Nedved's quality of course, nor his decisiveness. If we keep the faith in this guy, i'm confident he'll reward us.

What a find!

Halabalu

Dec 5, 2011
I've just recognized that such players as Giacherini are very important to be presented in squad, becouse they creat a "long bench" wich is vital for success ! I am not a supporter of tendency to rotate starting 11 constantly. I guess that it has to be a seperation on strating player and subs! Only in such way a stability could be achieve !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)