Emanuele Giaccherini (153 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Depends on your angle. Flamez is being very semantical, but we can agree that Shaqiri has great potential.
no doubt shaqiri has more potential than Giaccherini, i never questioned that, but there are a lot of similarities in the 2 in the way they play

Giacchi is probably the quickest player in the squad.
no doubt his pace IS explosive.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I also noticed that he doesn't fall too easily. Actually it's hard to make him lose balance.
Probably cos he's so close to the ground :D, but still other short players fall much easier.
that was another point i made to flamez the other night when we were debating his physical stature, Giacch does stand his ground very well thanks to his low centre of gravity

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
One other thing about Giaccherini - he can get away with playing the CM role if required because he is a good passer of the ball. There are not so many players in his natural position who do that, they are dribblers, crossers, shooters etc.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
One other thing about Giaccherini - he can get away with playing the CM role if required because he is a good passer of the ball. There are not so many players in his natural position who do that, they are dribblers, crossers, shooters etc.
he played a more central role at cesena too, but yes i like his versatility and im not surprised that he is shining at Juve, unfortunately when he was first signed many wrote him off for being italian and missing the open goal, i hope he stays permanently especially if we fail in bringing back giovinco in the summer

hudick

Sep 18, 2006
He played good yesterday, but we were playing against Bologna's B team. Let's see if he can do it against Roma. Than i will consider him a solid enough player for Juventus.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He played good yesterday, but we were playing against Bologna's B team. Let's see if he can do it against Roma. Than i will consider him a solid enough player for Juventus.
not just bologna, but leading up to his muscular injury that ruled him out for a few weeks he was bright then, i think he only had 1 or 2 bad games when he rushed back from injury, but no doubt he is a better player most people here give him credit for, he certainly isn't shit as some here think, shit is what i would think about someone like taddei.

OP
Ahmed

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,180
    wow, great story.

I kind of have respect for him now I've read his life story.

- Almost died at the age of 16 because of ruptured spleen
    - No one believed in him, because he is so small
    - First played in Serie C1 just 3 seasons ago
    - First played in Serie B just 2 seasons ago
    - First played in Serie A just a season ago
    - Now plays for Juventus

He'll probably be average. But always nice to hear a comeback story.

His progression in the last 3 seasons is also good, but he is kind of old now to be called a talent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 153)