Elder Scrolls Online (1 Viewer)

OP
Joe

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
  • Thread Starter #22
    I'm loving this game so far. Definitely going to pick up Skyrim soon.

I don't mind subscription fees as long as the game is good. With the purchase of the game you get a free month, I'll see in a month's time if its worth paying another 15$.

OP
    Joe

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
  • Thread Starter #24
    :oops:

I will have it soon. Its so cheap now which is great.

OP
    Joe

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
  • Thread Starter #25
    I've already put in a stupid amount of hours in this game. I'm really enjoying it.

Can't wait to play the other titles as well.

OP
    Joe

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
  • Thread Starter #27
    Considering its an MMO and I have barely touched the surface I can't form a real review of everything yet but I'll give it a shot.

Keep in mind I haven't played any other Elder Scrolls titles before this, but this game is set ~1000 years before Skyrim I believe (in the 2nd age) so its a good place to start. :D

You have to choose between three alliances - Aldmeri Dominion, Ebonheart Pact and the Daggerfall Covenant. I chose the Daggerfall Covenant so unfortunaltey I don't know enough to talk yet about the AD and EP but I hope to complete those story lines eventually as well.

Classic MMO style you start off in a tutorial island, learn the the basics and begin your main storyline. From advancing on your main storyline you quickly are exposed to other quest lines that you can complete for XP, loot and lore findings. So far I've been questing hard, every side quest giver that I find I always accept and complete it while at the same time trying to complete the main storyline quests. I'm really enjoying the main quest line but at points some of the "bosses" are very challenging so you either have to team up with other players or train up your skills by grinding on NPCs (which is not recommended) or complete side quests. Side quests are your typical MMO stuff, go there, kill this, collect, come back. But its a refreshing break from the main quest line at times.

The world seems very active with real players, I always see tons of players running around, the zone chats are always flowing, etc. Everytime I needed help with a quest or had a question other players really helped me out.

I have not yet started crafting but I hope to do so soon, my inventory and bank is filling up with crap. But yeah I can't really talk about that yet. I have also not tried out PvP either.

Now for some gripes.

Some of the quests are a bit buggy and some assets don't load which can stop you from completing a quest. Thankfully any time I have encountered a bug I would just log out and back in and it seemed to fix itself. Others I've heard haven't been so lucky but I've head Zenimax has fixed and solved many of these bugs but I'm sure there are many still out there.

I don't know if its my end or not, but at times I have experienced some heavy lag spikes which totally interrupts the flow of the game and is really annoying.

Now I don't know what I feel about this next one, since all the other MMOs I have played have had an auction house of some kind. ESO doesn't have one and at times its very hard to sell your items. Most of the times I'm just selling my stuff to NPC vendors at a cheap price. You can join a trading guild which offers a guild store where you can buy and sell items but the couple I have joined so far don't have much valuable items in them and aren't buying that much stuff. Hopefully soon I find a good trading guild.

Anyways this game is just too big to explain everything, and I've barely scratched the surface really. I'm currently only level 12 (out of 50 levels) and have had this game for a week. It takes really long to level, but that's something that I enjoy. Overall I'm really enjoying this game and for me the pros definitely outweigh the negatives as of now. This game has really drawn me into this world and its lore and history and I'm excited to play the previous titles now aswell as any future titles.

Sorry for the long post. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)