Eid Mubarak (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by McFarlando ] ++
Great to see such a topic as religion can be discussed without any arguments. Quiet amazing actually :D :thumb:

And theres loooads id love to post, but i dont have enough knowledge of either religion to do so. So ill drop outta this one :)
Thanks, but it's quite easy when your discussing with gray and mikhail :)
Besides, both of us using common sense, I think we respect each other too much. :D :thumb:

i dont mind, and i'm sure gray doesn't either, for you to jump in. I'm just glad you're reading at least. :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

I'm not attacking or anything! my point of telling that i had a feeling you would write those is that i've read these arguments long ago and they aren't water tight. I was expecting more really...
Okay :)

and like a replied to mikhail, saying that the languages are different neither supports nor contradicts the "only son" argument. I'd really like to learn the exact Hebrew words.
Me too. A friend of mine went to seminary and he's learning both Greek and Hebrew. I think it'd put everything into much more perspective, because English is a very simple language. I've read the Bible in Korean too, and even that opens your eyes so much more.

I apologize if this offended you gray, that's honestly not my purpose. but When i read your earlier post, it really raised one of my eyebrows about what you knew.
No worries. I guess I was being rather vague about the whole sons issue.

or when when you said "his one and only son" you meant in special status? ;)
Oops! I guess there was no other way to read it, eh?

But give me a break dude, i had literally just woken up :sleepy:

But yes, that was a silly mistake. I'd edit it out if u hadn't already quoted it :LOL:

Sorry, my mistake. I hope my typo didn't offend you. I wrote down all the verse numbers. I only copied the verses themselves.
No no, not offended... i was just wondering where it was from :cool:

I've read in a couple of BS Muslim sites online that there is a big confusion. Well, i've checked their material and nothing suggests otherwise.
Ahh okay, I must have read one of the BS sites then ;) Who am i to differentiate :)

Thanks, but it's quite easy when your discussing with gray and mikhail :)
Besides, both of us using common sense, I think we respect each other too much. :D :thumb:
Indeed. I do enjoy these discussions, cos i learn more about both religions.

i dont mind, and i'm sure gray doesn't either, for you to jump in. I'm just glad you're reading at least. :)
Exactly :)

btw i hope i don't look like i'm sidestepping the issue, but i don't think we're ever gonna agree on this, so let's drop it and wait for another point to come up. We've both said what we need to regarding the issue :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

btw i hope i don't look like i'm sidestepping the issue, but i don't think we're ever gonna agree on this, so let's drop it and wait for another point to come up. We've both said what we need to regarding the issue :D
hmmm... my master plan failed, then! ;)

a big "10-4 Good buddy" to dropping it :D

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
Actually there is something i would like to know more about each religion. Look out for the topic in off-topic tomorrow :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by McFarlando ] ++
Actually there is something i would like to know more about each religion. Look out for the topic in off-topic tomorrow :)
sure... It's a weeked, but i'll try to be here :)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003

The place exploded with info in a coupld of days! :D
sure it did.. :eek:

@mikhail: sorry I couldn't answer your question on page 2 or 3 of this thread.. :D I was offline for a while.. it's a hoilday here you know.. ;) but majed did well.. actually, I couldn't explain it better than him.. thanx majed :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

sure it did.. :eek:

@mikhail: sorry I couldn't answer your question on page 2 or 3 of this thread.. :D I was offline for a while.. it's a hoilday here you know.. ;) but majed did well.. actually, I couldn't explain it better than him.. thanx majed :)
de nada :)

Aug 1, 2003
You know, Majed, considering that your mother wasn't a Muslim from birth and all, and you know so much more than me is kinda embarrassing :D

but we would all learn eventually ;)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
You know, Majed, considering that your mother wasn't a Muslim from birth and all, and you know so much more than me is kinda embarrassing :D

but we would all learn eventually ;)
thanks, but i dont think it's anything special.

i'll answer this in a PM, if you dont mind :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
de nada is believe is spanish for "it's nothing." It's like their casual "your welcome." :)

correct me if i'm wrong someone

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
You're right Majed, although most people use de nada/por nada nowadays.

Also, you people have never ever drank alcohol? how about being drunk once?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
You're right Majed, although most people use de nada/por nada nowadays.

Also, you people have never ever drank alcohol? how about being drunk once?
many Muslims still do drink despite it being forbidden (a sin).

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
@mikhail: sorry I couldn't answer your question on page 2 or 3 of this thread.. :D I was offline for a while.. it's a hoilday here you know.. ;) but majed did well.. actually, I couldn't explain it better than him.
No problem. I'm happy to get an answer from anyone I respect here.

The debate seems to have slipped out of my hands here, and petered out, so I think I'll leave this one for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)