Eid Mubarak (3 Viewers)

Aug 2, 2003
Eid Mubarak to all the akhis and akhwat!

Hope you all had a fabulous Eid and - prayers for those who died whilst performing Hajj. May Allah Subhana wa taallah grant them Jannatul Firduas.

Salihah, nice to see you here. Hope things are fine with you....and that Silver star with be on our shirt Insh'Allah Khair!

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sidz-Inzaghi ] ++

Eid Mubarak is a day when a sacrifice is made to animal such as lamb or cattle etc...Happy eid Mubarak to y'all too!!!:cool::D:angel:
So is it an Islamic tradition, or something that was set out in the Quran? Also, what is the reason for the sacrifice? (Sort of the same question, but...yeah :))

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

So is it an Islamic tradition, or something that was set out in the Quran? Also, what is the reason for the sacrifice? (Sort of the same question, but...yeah :))
Its a way to remembered Prophet Ibrahim who willing to sacrifices his son...

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
is this the only time when you are allowed to eat meat?
no...we can eat meat all the time...i think the only religion that dont allow eat cattle meat is Hindu...

gray

Apr 22, 2003

Its a way to remembered Prophet Ibrahim who willing to sacrifices his son...
Ahhh... we call him Abraham, and his son Isaac :)

Sep 28, 2002

no...we can eat meat all the time...i think the only religion that dont allow eat cattle meat is Hindu...
so why is everyone so happy that they'll be able to eat meat? and muslims cant eat pork right? and drink alcohol?

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I'm not so happy to eat meat.. I usually eat meat once or twice a week.. it is not the point..

maybe some made it look like it is the first time they eat meat becoz they don't usually eat meat in normal days..maybe..
but in this day... all muslims go visit their relatives and families, and all of them have meat on their table, so.. lots of meat..

and yes, pork and alcohol are forbidden for muslims..

and EID MUBARAK to all..

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003

:down:

what would happen if you ate it?
first af all, they are not healthy.. Islam forbid anything that harm your body..

if you drink alcohol.. you should not go to mosque to do the prayers.. your prayers won't be accepted if you are drunk..

if you ate pork.. well, I don't know if there is a punishment for that..

for me I never drink alcohol or eat pork.. thank god..

Aug 2, 2003

I am not sure if it was set out in the Qur'an...but it may well be a sunnah (something that the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) ) said, did or approve of.
It's an occasion to remember The obidience of Prophet Ibrahim aka Abraham to God.

so why is everyone so happy that they'll be able to eat meat? and muslims cant eat pork right? and drink alcohol?
We are not happy just because we can eat meat....lol. I am happy on that day because: This day is seen as a Muslim haoliday, hence families get together...and it's the kind / friendly atmosphere that makes me happy.

++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

first af all, they are not healthy.. Islam forbid anything that harm your body..

if you drink alcohol.. you should not go to mosque to do the prayers.. your prayers won't be accepted if you are drunk..
We all say that without realizing it, but, It's upto Allah to decide wether to accept the prayer or not.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Ahhh... we call him Abraham, and his son Isaac :)
it was about his other son, Ismail. (as Sidz already mentioned :) )

Anyhow, This is the second Holiday in the Islamic calander. There are only two Eids: (the word "eid" means, "Celebration")
1. Eid Al-Fitr (the day after a whole month of fasting from sunrise to sunset...we already explained this to you less than 2 months ago :p )
2. Eid Al-Adha (see previous posts)

Aug 1, 2003
well if you ACCIDENTALLY ate pork or alcohol you'll be excused. you can't do it on purpose.

and yes, eid ul adhar is to remind all of us of prophet abraham's obedience to god by willing to sacrifice ishmael

and yes, it is a celebration in a way of the hajj. I long for makkah :down:

and hey romano! long time no see, alhamdulillah I am doing fine, I hope you are too

People, I swear I've gained weight thanks to so much meat :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
Alcohol I'll back you to the hilt on, but pork? How's that harmful to anyone except pigs?

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
Isnt the christian religion also supposed to eat meat (whats the word)Spareingly? :D

Gray? Im think its one of those looked over things in the bible :)

Mikhail religion and scientific explanation dont go hand in hand :)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I think the Jews eschew Pork too, or am I wrong? If so, I imagine it's something that the RCC dropped over the centuries.

We abstain from meat on Good Friday, and AFAIK, Catholics (or maybe just Irish Catholics) used to apply that to every Friday. Part of the self-flagilation we're so good at - ruin the best day of the week, eh?

Oh, and spareingly is right - though you don't need to capitalise it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)