Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (14 Viewers)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #344

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Strangely Obama didn't mention anything regarding the shut down of Internet and mobile phone services in his brief speech.
    That's because similar curtailing of free speech is underway over here, too.

He did make a reference to them, saying something like suppressing idea does not get rid of them.
    That's right. You have to brainwash to be successful.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #352
    Aljazeera: The death toll for yesterday alone is more than 100 killed.

Today, in the biggest political prison Abu Zaabal, the prisoners are being shot by the guards, and there are many ones killed.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #355
    Saudi dictator says he supports Mubarak, and condemns the demonstrations.

Isn't that too stupid or what? Even if both are dictators, everybody knows that Mubarak will go down soon, so from a strategic point of view, Abdallah could just shut up.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #356
    I just heard this from an Egyptian guy here:

I called my relatives in Alexandria and they told me that nobody is in his house now. Everybody is on the streets. Even fish is trying to particpate.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #357
    Egypt not trending in China

China has blocked the word "Egypt'' from the country's wildly popular Twitter-like service, while coverage of the political turmoil has been tightly restricted in state media.

China's ruling Communist Party is sensitive to any potential source of social unrest.

A search for "Egypt'' on the Sina microblogging service brings up a message saying, "According to relevant laws, regulations and policies, the search results are not shown".

The service has more than 50 million users.

News on the Egypt protests has been limited to a few paragraphs and photos buried inside major news websites, but China Central Television had a report on its midday broadcast.

China's foreign ministry did not respond to a request for comment Saturday on the events in Egypt.
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia-pacific/2011/01/201112991712140318.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)