Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (4 Viewers)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #321
    From the Guardian:

al-Jazeera just showed pictures of protesters jumping and cheering beside what appeared to be an army armoured vehicle in Cairo with the occupants in the vehicle not responding in any kind of negative fashion. It's too early to get carried away but al-Jazeera was suggesting this could be a sign that the army's allegiance is with the people.

http://yfrog.com/gy86pqvj

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #322
    From Guardian:

Egyptian state media is reporting a curfew starting at 6pm tonight (about 30 minutes away) and running until 7am tomorrow in Cairo, Alexandria and Suez.
    The way it's looking on the streets at the moment suggests there is little chance of people obeying the order and what can the police actually do to enforce it.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #323
    In two minutes the curfew will start.

CNN: Mubarak will speak to the people soon.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    It will really really have a major impact throughout the middle-east. Egypt is pretty much the biggest country in this part of the world.

The future in this region is in the balance.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #326
    From the Guardian:

Al-Jazeera is showing some great live footage of the looting of the National Democratic Party headquarters – and is reporting that the protesters are forming a "human shield" around the nearby national museum.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    This is probably BS but supposedly Israeli media is reporting that Mobarak has fled to Switzerland.

There have already been reports that some prominent businessmen and some government officials are leaving the country in private jets.

delrey

Jan 5, 2009
    Serbian Media: CAIRO - Egyptian troops in, where President Mubarak ordered the monitoring of the curfew was introduced because of the anti-government protests on the side of protesters greeting them with two fingers raised in victory signs.

On some tanks demonstrators riding along with soldiers and police officers shake hands with the people on the streets, reports AFP. Egyptian news agency Mena withdrew evening news on the introduction of a curfew in the entire country, which was previously issued state television.

Is too early for victory:)

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    US media is sucking dicks once again. Talking about the "fight against terrorism".

Fuck off, a dictator is a dictator, just because he "fights terror" doesn't make him good or just or unable to be overthrown when the people decide they've had enough.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
    Aug 6, 2007
    US media is sucking dicks once again. Talking about the "fight against terrorism".

Fuck off, a dictator is a dictator, just because he "fights terror" doesn't make him good or just or unable to be overthrown when the people decide they've had enough.
    Strangely Obama didn't mention anything regarding the shut down of Internet and mobile phone services in his brief speech.

what a coward Mubarak is,i really miss our egyptian friends here,i hope from the bottom of my heart that when they come back they come as the free citizens of the new Egypt.

Forza Egypt.

Apr 15, 2006
    Strangely Obama didn't mention anything regarding the shut down of Internet and mobile phone services in his brief speech.

what a coward Mubarak is,i really miss our egyptian friends here,i hope from the bottom of my heart that when they come back they come as the free citizens of the new Egypt.

Forza Egypt.
    He did make a reference to them, saying something like suppressing idea does not get rid of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)