Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (13 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Same here. And didn't Mark and/or Nicholas report last week or the week before that Marotta went to Napoli for some business?

Then all of a sudden Giovinco was brought back. Perhaps it all has to do with the Cavani deal after all?

Exciting :numnum:

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
thats a real betrayal...then again i wouldnt put it past marotta because look at Diego...we better had bring in someone as a vucinic alternate if gio does in fact end up in nipples

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
thats a real betrayal...then again i wouldnt put it past marotta because look at Diego...we better had bring in someone as a vucinic alternate if gio does in fact end up in nipples
Agreed..But in such economic difficulty ,who would you get though ? Gio IS the cheapest affordable SS alternative and now we're using him as a makeweight..Doesnt make sense to me.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Nah.. We do need Giovinco whether we'd get Cavani or not, Vucinic as SS sub just wouldn't be enough. Giovinco will stay no matter what i'm sure. If we're to bring a big name after all then it will not be with Giovinco included.
How do you rate Giovinco anyway - he's got fantastic statistics is in the Serie A team of the year!? Had he played for a minor club everyone here would splash 20m € for him due to his stats this season.. 15 goals and 12 assists - that would have been a star signing... Why is this Cavani guy so good anyway? He was nothing when he left Palermo and all of a sudden he's the best?? I mean.. He went from mediocre to world class pretty fukkin fast didn't he?

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
Agreed..But in such economic difficulty ,who would you get though ? Gio IS the cheapest affordable SS alternative and now we're using him as a makeweight..Doesnt make sense to me.
thats why it doesnt make sense to send him away...it will be shooting ourselves in the foot...lets say we get cavani...cool...so no gio, only vuci..when vuci phases out during games or is on a run of poor form...who do we put there? giaccherini? we'll be courting trouble...

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
thats why it doesnt make sense to send him away...it will be shooting ourselves in the foot...lets say we get cavani...cool...so no gio, only vuci..when vuci phases out during games or is on a run of poor form...who do we put there? giaccherini? we'll be courting trouble...
We will be less covered in the SS-area, that's for sure, but ... One has to make compromises. Are you honestly saying that you would prefer to have Giovinco in the squad rather than Cavani?

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
We will be less covered in the SS-area, that's for sure, but ... One has to make compromises. Are you honestly saying that you would prefer to have Giovinco in the squad rather than Cavani?
not saying that. im saying no matter who the CF is we play flat when that creative influence of a ss is missing... gio + top/decent cf > decent cf
cavani cant do it alone..he'll do more with a creative influence next to him...so will the team...going into 2 intense competitions next year with a holt and cold vucinic as our only cf is trouble. how many more goals will an ss-less cavani-filled juve score over and ss-filled incrementally less talented cf juve?

i think i wrote some shit up there but im not reading it over...lol

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It did. And I was against that happening at the time. Gio's case is worse because we are bringing him back from a club where he has had success and would like to stay if it weren't for Juve, the club that he loves. I don't like players being treated this way. This is no way of building loyalty.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
It did. And I was against that happening at the time. Gio's case is worse because we are bringing him back from a club where he has had success and would like to stay if it weren't for Juve, the club that he loves. I don't like players being treated this way. This is no way of building loyalty.
:tup:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Cavani will not work alone. He cant and will not take us to glory alone. He will bang the nets but he needs pretty good service to ensure is abilitites will be sued to the max.

Send quagliarella, Matri and a lot of money.

The ideal scenario is to have Vucinic, Giovinco and Cavani all in the roster. That way, you ensure that If vuci fails theres is giovinco and viceversa, and both will keep Cavani with the assists he will definitely need.

Vucinic will not be able to do it alone this time...he will burn out. Where we will get a back up with the qualities of GIo and as cheap? we will not. We cannot make those kind of compromises because it was proved last season that our current strikers are not capable and changes in quality needed to be made. Leaving Cavani alone with vuci and giacherinni will be a disgrace.

If Juve are serious on this, they should keep the 3. At the very least they should offer matri plus a lot of money.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Last season our biggest handicap was converting the numerous chances we created & I believe Cavani would sort that out. At the moment we need Cavani more than Gio.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Last season our biggest handicap was converting the numerous chances we created & I believe Cavani would sort that out. At the moment we need Cavani more than Gio.
Three competitions this time round and we have only a hot and cold Vucinic to rely on for the final third creativity.We might most certainly need a Vucinic alternative.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
I couldn't agree more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)