Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (54 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
All I know is that if we do get a top striker, he will come from either Serie-A or another lower status league. If we do try for Cavani, we obviously won't be spending 70-80 million, but we will have to overpay. I see us going in hard for him, considering that Marotta's reputation within Italy is very good. He'll be likely to have a real go for this player. Another option for us would be Lewandowski, but he seems close to Manchester United now and could therefore be out of our reach.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I was thinking about this too and Marotta has barely signed anyone from other leagues, it just doesn't seem likely that he will sign someone from EPL or La Liga.

---------- Post added 21.06.2012 at 18:34 ----------

Although I would like to be proven wrong by him signing a top CF.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I'd like to see that happen too, but from the look of it, the top strikers from the "top" leagues don't even take us seriously anymore. Wenger is even talking about caramellos for christ's sake. Never seen him so confident that one of his players won't be leaving for a particular club, ever. I think we need a great CL campaign next year to prove to these spoilt brats that we're a force to be reckoned with.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
All I know is that if we do get a top striker, he will come from either Serie-A or another lower status league. If we do try for Cavani, we obviously won't be spending 70-80 million, but we will have to overpay. I see us going in hard for him, considering that Marotta's reputation within Italy is very good. He'll be likely to have a real go for this player. Another option for us would be Lewandowski, but he seems close to Manchester United now and could therefore be out of our reach.
I do agree with this..The Only player who has the probability of joining us from EPL/La liga is Dzeko as he's always been open to a move to Serie A..But i highly doubt that he would take a wage cut.

I highly doubt players like Van Persie ,Torres and even Higuain would want to come here..Like i said unless we offer insane amounts of cash for both club and player ,i just dont see us signing these aformentioned players.

Actually two years ago Eto'o was kinda reluctant to move to Inter when they initially offered him 8m salary but they rose that offer to 10.5m and only then was Eto'o willing to join..So yeah money talks !

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
cacares and vidal was signed from other leagues, but it makes most sense to buy players from within the league. Weaken the competition, and players proven and used to serie a football. Its a big risk with players not familiy with the cultur and language

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
cacares and vidal was signed from other leagues, but it makes most sense to buy players from within the league. Weaken the competition, and players proven and used to serie a football. Its a big risk with players not familiy with the cultur and language
But in this case, we most probably will have to overpay for them...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I figure we might end up overpaying a bit to put ourselves back on the European powerhouse map. When players see this kind of spending power to get a top player they take notice and that is in itself a little bit of groundwork to attract other stars, like a domino effect. All this being said, I still hope we get Higuain or RvP ahead of Cavani. The dream will always be Benz and Falcao. And by overpaying I mean, 30m, becoming 35m, not 40m plus Matri plus Giovinco. We are Juventus, not Malaga (with due respect) FFS.

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
I still say Cavani should be our number one target. And paying 37m euros would not be a bad deal at all -- although I think ADL would want no less than 40m. Cavani has what it takes to be a true Champion. He's had back-to-back great years. His fitness levels are fantastic. I've watched him also since Palermo -- he's barely ever injured. He's won with Uruguay and has international experience. He was very impressive in Napoli's Champs run; and so, has experience in the UCL. He has no problems going back and defending, something which Conte asks of his strikers. He knows the language, league, and is familiar with our formations. It'd fit in seamlessly.

Can you imagine Pirlo feeding Cavani balls in the box? Can you imagine Vuci working with Cavani up front? Working with Vidal? Licht feeding him crosses? Can you imagine the havok that would bring on defenses around Europe? And Cavani is stil so YOUNG and he's just getting started. A 40m euro investment in him in this market, for a young player of this type would be one of the best deals Juve have made in a at least a decade.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Giovinco is yet again our player, we are now one step closer to Cavani.
Once they sell Lavezzi and start searching for a replacement, our offer will become more tempting...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)