Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (18 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
complete BS but thought i'll post it anyway:

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/juventus/?action=read&idnet=dHV0dG9qdXZlLmNvbS05OTM1NA

Juve offer 40m plus Matri & Giovinco for Cavani
Wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be close to what Juve are thinking. I do sense desperation now. Almost every top striker out there has told us to fuck off. Today RVP did it via Wenger. Higuain doesn't want to come, and Dzeko is on too much money than he's willing to give up. The fact is, that the only striker that hasn't rejected us yet is Cavani. Hopefully the deal won't be as massive as the one suggested in this article, but would I be surprised if we're working on a cash + players-deal to land Cavani, overpaying for him in the process? Absolutely not.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be close to what Juve are thinking. I do sense desperation now. Almost every top striker out there has told us to $#@! off. Today RVP did it via Wenger. Higuain doesn't want to come, and Dzeko is on too much money than he's willing to give up. The fact is, that the only striker that hasn't rejected us yet is Cavani. Hopefully the deal won't be as massive as the one suggested in this article, but would I be surprised if we're working on a cash + players-deal to land Cavani, overpaying for him in the process? Absolutely not.
Dude... That's about 75-80 million. Your arguments make little sense, because with that money we could easily pay Dzeko's transfer PLUS wages. We could also easily keep 30 million in our pocket and convince Real to show Higuain the door. We could easily land Falcao. We could easily buy any freaking striker in the world except for Ronaldo or Messi...

No way in hell, we'd ever make this kind of offer... I mean, we're the club that argued over a month about Lichtsteiner costing 11 million instead of 12...

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Dude... That's about 75-80 million. Your arguments make little sense, because with that money we could easily pay Dzeko's transfer PLUS wages. We could also easily keep 30 million in our pocket and convince Real to show Higuain the door. We could easily land Falcao. We could easily buy any freaking striker in the world except for Ronaldo or Messi...

No way in hell, we'd ever make this kind of offer... I mean, we're the club that argued over a month about Lichtsteiner costing 11 million instead of 12...
I don't think the numbers suggested in the article are correct, but I see us overpaying to get him. Not 40m + those players, but I think Juve would do business somewhere around 25 + the players mentioned. It would still be overpaying, but I think Juve would be willing, since no top strikers from other leagues want to join the club. And as for "convince Real to show Higuain the door", "easily land Falcao" ? In your dreams!

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
30 Million + Matri (include one or two youngsters on loan/co-own if necessary).

Keep Gio for the JoJo deal; Gio + 12 Million for JoJo.

Two amazing players for 42 Million Euros sounds very reasonable. I prefer Higuain over Cavani, as he seems more elegant, and has more class on the ball, but I'd never say no to Cavani. The guy is a beast, a true machine :D

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I don't think the numbers suggested in the article are correct, but I see us overpaying to get him. Not 40m + those players, but I think Juve would do business somewhere around 25 + the players mentioned. It would still be overpaying, but I think Juve would be willing, since no top strikers from other leagues want to join the club. And as for "convince Real to show Higuain the door", "easily land Falcao" ? In your dreams!
Please... 80 million would comfortably see us land Higuain or Falcao. There's no doubt. Let me remind you that would make them the most expensive transfers ever, besides Cristiano...

Even 25 + Matri and Giovinco is nowhere near what we would be able to offer for cavani. I doubt Marotta's willigness to make that kind of deal and rightly so ! I think he'd rather wait another year to sign a striker and it would even make sense...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)