Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (30 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:lol: You are being ridiculous now. Matri is valued at 15-18 Million Euros; if fucking Andy Carroll can be sold for 35 Million Pounds, then it's not unrealistic or unreasonable to suggest a market value of 15 Million for Matri.

How about this deal for Napoli? 15 Million Euros + Matri + Giovinco. Realistic enough for you?
Premier league, is completely retarded transfer wise, please dont refer to them

Matri is valued like that, in generally, but a team valuates players according to what their team needs

Napoli, if they sell cavani, will want to replace with a simular type promising player. matri doesnt fit that profile so they dont value him 18 mil.

they like giovinco, but i'm not sure at what price, a deal with giovinco would be all more realistic

If we get Cavani, then Matri is not needed any more, at all because Cavani does a muich better job, will play most of the games and Matri would be on the bench. It is beter to exchange the same type of player because you dont need two (because you are directly replacing one with the other). And it is better to keep the different type of player to offer you quality, especially since the quality we have on that osition isnt as high as Cavani would be.

Because if we get Cavani we would have to sell one of Quag or MAtri anyway.
wrong

Our current strikers are matri and borriello

if cavani comes, one of them can go

quag is in the same cathegory as vucinic

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
And why exactly is that? What is the harm in having Cavani, Matri and Quag as your main strikers while taking part in 3 competitions? Are you suggesting that we shouldn't be concerned with injuries, since this season we were blessed enough without them?

We dont need those 3 for 1 position, that is madness, especially when we can get players in other positions for the money we could get for selling one of Quag + Matri.

If we had Cavani+Matri, in case you Cavani is injuured you play Quag. In case both are injured you play Vucinic up front and Gio or Giacc on the left.

Just because of injuries doesnt mean we can have 3 players for every position.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
he's a supporting attacker, not a true striker

so in that aspect he is.

are 90ties ronaldo and dzeko the same cathegory ?

yes, as they are both deep strikers
they have completely diffrent playstyles, but same position
Please don't go there. Quag is not creative enough to be a SS. Fact is that he always did best when played alongside a SS.

We dont need those 3 for 1 position, that is madness, especially when we can get players in other positions for the money we could get for selling one of Quag + Matri.

If we had Cavani+Matri, in case you Cavani is injuured you play Quag. In case both are injured you play Vucinic up front and Gio or Giacc on the left.

Just because of injuries doesnt mean we can have 3 players for every position.
No one claimed we should have 3 players for every position, but when it comes to strikers and a team who wants to win titles, you cannot risk starting a season with only 2 strikers, competing in 3 competitions. No matter how you look at it, especially when the quality of the backup striker is nothing close to your primary one.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We can acquire Destro, Keep Quag, and Borriello looks likely to stay since Conte appreciates him so much :boh:

Add Cavani/Higuain/RVP/Dzeko/Damiao to that list and you have 3 proper CF's. Does that solve your striker dilemma :klin:? :cookie:?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Z, what is your ideal realistic forward lineup for next season?

I'd like Cavani or Higuain, but I dont think that will happen, so I think Dzeko would be the most realistic option. I think he's only 3rd or 4th choice in City and I think we could get him for around 25 mil €. I dont want RvP because I think its too big of a risk.

On the right, I'd like someone like Suarez or take a chance on some hot talent like Lucas Moura. sadly, I dont see he latter happening, although we might be able to get Suarez since Liverpool is doing poorly and he had problems with the fans.

If not, then perhaps Ramirez on the right. And I'd sell Matri (although I like him most out of our three current forwards, but he has the most value), keep Quag and Boriello as 5th striker (unless we get Imobille back or somebody like Destro, but thats too good for a third choice striker) and get Giovinco back, have him rotate on the left and right side of attack, and I think he'd displace Vucinic out of the first 11 soon.

So, long story short, best case scenario (realistically I hope)

Vucinic - Dzeko - Suarez/Ramirez
(Giovinco) - Quaq - (Giovinco)
Giaccherini - Boriello - Pepe

gray

Apr 22, 2003
@Zlatan ahh so pretty much the same as my line of thought, especially re: Giovinco, though my fantasy signing is Jovetic.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
@Zlatan ahh so pretty much the same as my line of thought, especially re: Giovinco, though my fantasy signing is Jovetic.

I would like Jovetić as well, I think he's fantastic, but that would mean we would have to sell Vučinić, as they play more or less the same position. I'm not at all against seling Vučinić, but I dont think thats realistic right now.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We should not touch one of the pillars in a scudetto winning team.

However, using giovinco to get jovetic or cavani, i'm all for.

giovinco is done here anyway, and i have yet to see him play well at a side that plays football instead relegation team counter attack

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
We should not touch one of the pillars in a scudetto winning team.

However, using giovinco to get jovetic or cavani, i'm all for.

giovinco is done here anyway, and i have yet to see him play well at a side that plays football instead relegation team counter attack
Thats because thats the only team he has constantly played for FFS. Thats like saying "You know, Veratti is good, but I'd like to see him play for Real Madrid first." Makes no sense.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Vucinic - Cavani - Giovinco

That should be our line up next season. Then the sub could be this:

Giaccherini - Quagliarella - Pepe

The third attacker (sub to Quag...) could even be Borriello if we haven't got any other options. However, I think we should send Matri to Napoli in order to get Cavani...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)