Edinson Cavani - ST - PSG (11 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Yeah, that seems likely.

Cavani would be an incredible acquisition, but I do have concerns about how he would play in a rather narrow 4-3-3. In that respect, Suarez would seem to fit into our formation better.
Don't think so, Cavani as our lone striker would do wonders to our team, we all know he can bang goals and that would be his job here, he moves well without the ball, he'a athletic and he's a hard worker, good header and nice outside shot.

Also i see there are some doubts about his transition to our team and our system, Cavani strikes me as tough player mentally, one who won't give up ( Hello Amauri ).

Suarez is very good player, i rate him highly and i would love for us to sign him, like i said i had doubts if he could play as a lone striker, think he could play as a LW in place of Vucinic, don't know how his game will translate. He's very similar to the Aguero/Del piero kind of player, typical SS who could score and create at the same time but needs to play off someone else.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Suarez? I rate him high but we need a poacher more than everything, we create tons of chances already what we are lacking is someone to finish them.
True.

I hope we aren't wrong about Cavani, but my guts tell me he'd be a disappointment in our system. :frown: We'd get the Palermo Cavani or the Uruguay Cavani, not the Napoli Cavani.

Apr 29, 2006
Cavani on 28-32 +players(1 first team player at most and youngsters) wouldn't be the end of the world even if he doesn't justify all the fapping done here. If he can get 20 goals in all competitions next season - I guess wouldn't be a bad start.

Still he is going into the 40+m range and if Torres/Dzeko are obtainable for around 20-25 might be much better value for money. Especially if we use the rest of those funds wisely.

Joga Bonito

Jul 28, 2010
interesting
and yes he choked on NT
but, but but.. Maybe Forlan and Suarez are doing a better job on NT than Cavani, but Juve are a club and from my point of view Cavani outscores both of them at club level. Being good or bad on NT doesn't mean that u are good or bad outside the NT. David Healy scored +10 goal for Northen Ireland in a Euro Qualification, so he is/was good on his NT, but do you think he is i a great player because of that?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Don't think so, Cavani as our lone striker would do wonders to our team, we all know he can bang goals and that would be his job here, he moves well without the ball, he'a athletic and he's a hard worker, good header and nice outside shot.

Also i see there are some doubts about his transition to our team and our system, Cavani strikes me as tough player mentally, one who won't give up ( Hello Amauri ).

Suarez is very good player, i rate him highly and i would love for us to sign him, like i said i had doubts if he could play as a lone striker, think he could play as a LW in place of Vucinic, don't know how his game will translate. He's very similar to the Aguero/Del piero kind of player, typical SS who could score and create at the same time but needs to play off someone else.
Yep, that's what I was thinking.

So depending on who we buy and sell, I suppose it would make sense to have a front 3 of either Suarez-Matri-X, or Giovinco-Cavani-X.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
True.

I hope we aren't wrong about Cavani, but my guts tell me he'd be a disappointment in our system. :frown: We'd get the Palermo Cavani or the Uruguay Cavani, not the Napoli Cavani.
If a 22 year old striker scored 13 goals in serie A, would you not think that it would have only been natural to have gotten better at scoring goals as he got older?

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Yep, that's what I was thinking.

So depending on who we buy and sell, I suppose it would make sense to have a front 3 of either Suarez-Matri-X, or Giovinco-Cavani-X.
:agree:

In both cases, if we get either Cavani or Suarez, we must upgrade one of Vucinic/Pepe with a better player.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Isn't there a statistic out there floating around that we have one of the highest amount of attempts(shots) on goal in europe, or something like that?

If we are putting up stats like that with players like Pepe, giach, esti, hot n cold Mirko...imagine the field day Cavani would have with his success rate? :superhapp

Providing we provide the same kind of service to Cavani that our misfiring strikers are getting this year...Cavani could easily net 20+ goals next season here..ESPECIALLY if we upgrade Pepe as well. :tup:

Cavani to send Boriello back home to Roma, Matri to the bench with Quag. He will whipe the floor with those strikers.

---------- Post added 16.04.2012 at 11:54 ----------

Cavani or Suarez+Torres????​
:mute:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If a 22 year old striker scored 13 goals in serie A, would you not think that it would have only been natural to have gotten better at scoring goals as he got older?
Yes, but let's also not forget that Matri scored 13 goals a couple seasons ago as well.

Cavani has all the hallmarks I saw when I was apprehensive about the Diego and Tiago acquisitions. He fits the classic mold of a player who has found his groove with one club while experience at other clubs that suggests otherwise.

But around these forums:
Fapping over hope >>>>>>> Questioning the potential shortcomings

As if we've learned nothing from the Diego and Tiago trades.

May 22, 2007
Is is right that Cavani is a Juve fan?
As a 13 year old, his dream was to wear the Juve shirt. Juventus were always winning and he was crazy about Del Piero and Trezeguet. He tried copying the movement of the Frenchman who he says has a lot of qualities in scoring in all ways. His ambition back then (at Palermo) was to do well in their shirt and when he earned it, to receive a call from a great club (like Juve), but only God knows his future.

http://juvetrestelle.altervista.org...-cavani-qsogno-la-maglia-della-juventusq.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)