Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (8 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
There is no doubt that the cost of Dzeko is considerable, also by virtue of the Bosnian's age, but drawing up evaluations and expressing judgments is now sterile chatter: the goodness of an investment always weighs on the field only. And Dzeko could start as early as Sunday evening.
I like that. People can criticize the cost all they want but Dzeko will be a great performer and fits next to Ronaldo like a glove. It is only a two year contract and as long as we don’t hand out ridiculous extensions like we have done lately it will not cripple us financially.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This is a fucking circus, I still expect Suarez to come
Unless Agnelli knows someone at the visa/passport office that can hurry up the paperwork, I doubt it. He apparently won't get the citizenship stuff in order before the CL lists are picked I guess is the issue.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Napoli is such a despicable club, they’re doing everything they can to make sure Juve gets shafted.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, if there are no passport burdens now, he's a realistic option
He only passed his language test. He still has to get his Italian passport, which most likely will not be processed in time.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Hope this falls through

€16M with €7M net wages for a 34 yr old is appalling. This is a record fee for a 34 yr old if I'm correct. Atleast if De Sciglio had gone the other way for money it would have been somewhat acceptable but we're not getting that either.

Deals like these is what leads to financial mismanagement. Block this deal and get rid of Paratici please.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Dzeko is surprisingly not that good with headers. Here are the stats of top 5 leagues for the past 5 seasons. You can see he had/managed to get a ton of headers, more than any other player (197), while only 15 of them went into the net. Good luck to him when he gets 1 good cross/90min here.

The biggest surprise is Pavoletti from Cagliari dominating the chart. :lol:

Y axis: header goals
X axis Header shots
747817093929_o.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=FMshkPquBewAX-HQuDs&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.png

here stats per 90min and again Pavoletti beasts with 0,275 header goals/90min with Giroud's 0,269g/90m behind him.

884910017840_o.png?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=ijxHtxEACJ4AX803VIR&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.png

source: fb.com/ofutbolustatystycznie
pavoletti is underrated when it comes to aerials. he's one of the best i've ever seen in that regard, i don't know how he never played in the pl only to be fed with 15-20 crosses per games.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Unless Agnelli knows someone at the visa/passport office that can hurry up the paperwork, I doubt it. He apparently won't get the citizenship stuff in order before the CL lists are picked I guess is the issue.
Who knows, could play group stages without him?

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
What awfull managment that this deal is still not done and where going into a new season playing Ronaldo probably out of position again because we have dont have one striker to call on. This deal should of been done ages ago.

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Anyone agrees that we should have invited Mandžukic to return instead of wasting cash?
absolutely not.

- - - Updated - - -

What awfull managment that this deal is still not done and where going into a new season playing Ronaldo probably out of position again because we have dont have one striker to call on. This deal should of been done ages ago.
Ages ago? when? We were chasing Milik when Sarri was in charge, Pirlo comes in and he preferred Dzeko, which changes the state of play completely because Roma have to find a suitable replacement and that was going to take time. People need to stop assuming transfers are straight forward, hand over cash and walk away with the goods

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)