Edin Džeko - Striker - Manchester City - Part 2 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
So what they are really saying is that we will sign him

:D
heheh
i still don't get why bayern would need him? i doubt that he will leave citys bench for bayerns

"the german media!" is Bild, german version of Tuttosport, according to Bild Van Der Vaart is "still Juve player" and Diego played for Bayern.Dzekos offical site said that there is no negotioations with any club. But who knows, summer is long.
well it was in several german papers not just bild... it doesn't mean he will sign for them. but bayern will splash some big cash this year.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We aren't haters; we just aren't blinded by his apparently amazing abilities that only a couple of members see. Yes, he is better than our current strikers, but then again that's not saying much, because our attack (bar Vucinic) is mid table quality and there's absolutely nothing special about it. Huntelaar is better than all our attackers too, but it doesn't mean we should go for him.

We just won the Serie A (undefeated might I add), are in the the CL, and should be aiming higher. We need to be more ambitious. Getting Dzeko after being linked with Suarez, Cavani, RVP, and Higuain is tantamount to your father promising you a nice sports car on your birthday, only to end up getting you a fucking Mini.

Dzeko + Suarez would be nice. Dzeko as the top signing of the summer mercato would be an absolute disappointment.

The bottom line is Dzeko is a good striker, very good in fact, but we can and should do better, unless he comes as the secondary, and not the primary signing.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We aren't haters; we just aren't blinded by his apparently amazing abilities that only a couple of members see. Yes, he is better than our current strikers, but then again that's not saying much, because our attack (bar Vucinic) is mid table quality and there's absolutely nothing special about it. Huntelaar is better than all our attackers too, but it doesn't mean we should go for him.

We just won the Serie A (undefeated might I add), are in the the CL, and should be aiming higher. We need to be more ambitious. Getting Dzeko after being linked with Suarez, Cavani, RVP, and Higuain is tantamount to your father promising you a nice sports car on your birthday, only to end up getting you a fucking Mini.

Dzeko + Suarez would be nice. Dzeko as the top signing of the summer mercato would be an absolute disappointment.

The bottom line is Dzeko is a good striker, very good in fact, but we can and should do better, unless he comes as the secondary, and not the primary signing.
I'd say there are many more people who know Dzeko is a top player than there are those that think otherwise.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He is not a top player :hustini: He's a very good player, but not at the level of a Suarez, Cavani, Higuain, or RVP, all players we are linked/being linked with.

Your bias blinds you, just as the bias of some forum members towards Marchisio or Matri prohibits them from being objective when it comes to talking about or analyzing those players.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He is not a top player :hustini: He's a very good player, but not at the level of a Suarez, Cavani, Higuain, or RVP, all players we are linked/being linked with.

Your bias blinds you, just as the bias of some forum members towards Marchisio or Matri prohibits them from being objective when it comes to talking about or analyzing those players.
Funny you mention Cavani where he has only done well in Italy. Dzeko has done well in two top leagues and gets paid 10m from City, an EPL winning team while Cavani is at Napoli.

---------- Post added 01.06.2012 at 11:24 ----------

Dzeko's finishing is easily EASILY on par with Cavani.

---------- Post added 01.06.2012 at 11:25 ----------

And this fascination with Suarez is intriguing.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I rest my case. You are blinded by your love for Dzeko. He looks very cumbersome and is not as dynamic as the other players I mentioned. He's also not the most creative forward around, or one that possesses a particularly impressive technical skill set.

Suarez is not prolific in front of goal, but he has better vision, ball control, pace, and is pretty much far more complete than Dzeko.

The same applies to Higuain, who is more prolific than Dzeko.

RVP, let's not even go there.

As for Cavani, you do have a valid point, but the man was a beast in both Serie A, and the CL this season. He is clinical in front of goal, deceptively quick, and dynamic as fuck. He is also a tireless worker and runs/fights hard for every ball.

Lord Vader

Apr 26, 2012

When you put it that way I have to agree.

In the midst of all "Fuck Dzeko" posts I was getting the impression that some guys here really hate him. He is a very good striker, a poacher, a finisher. And as I've said in my first post in this topic, he can't do shit without a creative player to accompany him. And that's why I said he would work perfectly with Vucinic in 3-5-2 or with Vucinic and Jovetic/Suarez in 4-3-3.

If we get someone like Jovetic or Suarez to accompany Edin, I'll bet my life on it that he'll do at least the same as Cavani in Napoli. Even Edinson wouldn't be what he is if he didn't have Lavezzi and Hamsik behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)