Edgar Davids (3 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++Edgar a bit polemics, but at least always saying what he thinks...
We all do that in Holland - as blunt as New Yorkers the Americans say and I heard it's part of the reason why Dutch players are misunderstood in Italy at times in the press.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

We all do that in Holland - as blunt as New Yorkers the Americans say and I heard it's part of the reason why Dutch players are misunderstood in Italy at times in the press.
One of the reason why I think Edgar is the nicest juve player is cause he's natural and he say what he thinks :)
Why to say "Moggi and Giraudo are adorable" if you will never go to have a coffee with them? It will be hipicrit...

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

One of the reason why I think Edgar is the nicest juve player is cause he's natural and he say what he thinks :)
Why to say "Moggi and Giraudo are adorable" if you will never go to have a coffee with them? It will be hipicrit...
true... but moggi is like that...says one thing, does another ;)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Edgar Davids is in a great shape just like he plays. The Dutchman speaks with the press, surprising for his prompt answers.

The first subject is his contract:

"I'm feeling comfortable in Turin, I love the tifosi and the mates. Problems? It's newspapers' stuff. My contract is expiring at the end of the next season but teams like Juve are rare. They give you the chance to win".

The Dutchman knows very well the problems of the Italian Championship:

"We did well and we are running for everything. We can improve. Some matches went well, just like the one against Milan, but now we want to play another great match. The newcomers? They are great. Camoranesi is good, but the others are growing quickly. Lippi? It's all right, I'm trying to learn from great trainers.

Champions League or Serie A?

"In Europe, if you are passing in a bad moment you are out. In Serie A it's a open championship. It's beautiful and Milan plays a wonderful football. Lazio was unexpected and shows as, in football, money is not everything. They miss Davids? I do not believe it".

And Chievo?

"It's not a surprise at all. It's a well organized team, beginning from Del Neri, its coach. It will be a difficoult match but important to evaluate our condition".

nina

Feb 18, 2001
The bitter feelings between Edgar Davids and the Juventus staff may force him into a move to Arsenal or Barcelona.

The Dutchman confirmed in a press conference this week that he “would not go for a coffee with the Juve directors.”

The split between club and player stretches back to the summer when they put obstacles in front of his move to Roma.

The Giallorossi have now filled the role that was set to be his with Leeds United star Olivier Dacourt.

Yet the anger of that failed move – and the club’s disappointment with his decision to make these feelings so vocal – could push Juve into off-loading the former Milan man next summer.

Arsenal have always shown an interest in the powerful midfielder and would agree to a partial swap deal with Patrick Vieira.

Other options include Barcelona, where he would join the legion of Dutch players under the guidance of Louis Van Gaal.

This would be a good solution for the Bianconeri as they could take either Patrick Kluivert or the unsettled Juan Roman Riquelme as part of the deal.

Football Italia

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
The bitter feelings between Edgar Davids and the Juventus staff may force him into a move to Arsenal or Barcelona.

I'm sure this comes from one of the journalists that Davids kicked out in the last press conference :LOL:

What part of 'Im happy at Juve' does this reporter doesn't understand :groan:

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

I'm sure this comes from one of the journalists that Davids kicked out in the last press conference :LOL:

probably the 'happy' part...

Moggi's got a great sense of humour(seeing his tussles with sensi). he should say something and diss them...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

media trying to stir things up again.....

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
Happy birthday to Edgar Davids; today, March the 13th the great Duch player is 30 years old. He was born in Paramaribo, Suriname, in 1973. Send your messages to Juve's official site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)