Ebola Outbreak (34 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #242
    I hear if you cover your body in mortgage derivatives, it can act as a protective layer to prevent contacting ebola.
    True, but then you are more likely to have termites.

First of all, economic incentives, while of course hugely important, are by far not the only incentive.

Secondly, how would you give an economic incentive for any disease control center, organised in public, private or whatever form?
    The point is there is no incentive for any government agency to actually do a good job since, at least in our government, there is little oversight. Have you ever heard of the idiom, "good enough for government work?" Why do the best job when you can simply do the minimum and receive the same payout?

Of cousre there are other incentives to disease control, but that doesn't mean the CDC somehow manages to hire properly. Most of the time these folks in government obtain their jobs through knowing someone, sucking up to someone, or helping to fund someone. So, our system not only lacks oversight, but also any incentive to look out for anybody but yourself and possibly your constituents.

You know, has anyone yet tried to use toxic assets as a form of chemotherapy?

Just think of it: bank and cancer clinic.
    :lol:

It will be a form of comforting the cancer patients. Today their toxic assets are worth millions if you follow one set of accounting rules, but once the cash flow runs out, it'll be worth nothing. But by that time, they'll be dead, so...

easy, funding, you get funded if your practices are efficient and get the job done
    That's how it should work. But it doesn't.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    It is in Turkey now
    Fack. That's too close to Europe.

Looks like we have a scarlet plague situation here, gentlemen. shall we prepare for a doosmday scenario just in case? I say we move up to Alaska. I can bring enthusiasm, leadership, and a sense of entitlement. Who wants to bring the guns?

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #259
    The Ebola Czar is proof in the pudding the current government is simply the worst ever. No infectious disease experience whatsoever, all big government rent-seeking experience. Plus they didn't fire the guys in charge of outbreaks at the CDC.

So here we go, Ocelot, Maddy, Soren, et cetera. I'd love to see you defend this one. But you can't, so stick to your own fucking government, and please don't ever come here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)