DXB Dubai international Airport (2 Viewers)

SoundAttack

Guru of Greatness
Aug 25, 2007
Hey guys

im on my way to Qatar in a couple of hours... i have a 12 hour layover in DXB... anyone been there... care to recommend me what to do there... i heard its a pretty huge airport... my questions are

Is there wifi access?
anything to do which isnt overly expensive yet interesting...i already have my laptop and i bought like the whole 8 seasons of 2 and a half men to keep me company lol

anything else is widely appreciated for sharing

thank you

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
There are a lot of hot chicks at that airport that work there and that are traveling as well.

Make the most of your time :klin:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Why don't you get a transit visa and go out for a bit? That's what I'd do. 12 hours is hella long time to be stuck in an airport.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Would you be able to get out? I know you can get your Visa from the aiport but not sure for how much. I would be more than happy to show you around.
Which Terminal are you going to? If you are flying Emirates airlines then it will be Terminal 3. A huge one indeed. Ask if you could get access to the lounge, that could help. If you hold an Amex card \ or frequent flyer card you can get into the Marhaba lounge and enjoy free food and drinks there.

Yes there is WiFi but could be reaaaally killing slow, depending on how busy the airport is :)

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Why don't you get a transit visa and go out for a bit? That's what I'd do. 12 hours is hella long time to be stuck in an airport.
I once got stuck at JFK for 14 hours man. It was so painful and couldn't go out as there was a huge rain storm.

OP
SoundAttack

SoundAttack

Guru of Greatness
Aug 25, 2007
  • Thread Starter #7
    good idea... but i dont wanna risk losing my flight lol... first time there... once im there ill figure out what to do... once i get used to the vibe... by the way is smoking allowed?

You could've done so much better than Two And A Half Men.
    i couldve but i wasnt in the mood for thinking plus i watched a few episodes of it before so i thought why not... would entertain me for the hell of it

And dru... are they lebanese? phillips, indians, or just arabs or westerners?... not to sound descriminate... but i only go for foreigners... arab chicks are too clingy for my taste

OP
    SoundAttack

SoundAttack

Guru of Greatness
    Aug 25, 2007
  • Thread Starter #10
    Would you be able to get out? I know you can get your Visa from the aiport but not sure for how much. I would be more than happy to show you around.
    Which Terminal are you going to? If you are flying Emirates airlines then it will be Terminal 3. A huge one indeed. Ask if you could get access to the lounge, that could help. If you hold an Amex card \ or frequent flyer card you can get into the Marhaba lounge and enjoy free food and drinks there.

Yes there is WiFi but could be reaaaally killing slow, depending on how busy the airport is :)
    well i leave here at 4... get there at around 8 UAE time... in the morning... Terminal 2, nah no amex here... and i dont fly frequently... this is my first time in lebanon in 11 years and now im going to see my brother for like a month in Doha... so he booked the flight for me online with flydubai 5 hours ago... never been to any GCC country before either

I once got stuck at JFK for 14 hours man. It was so painful and couldn't go out as there was a huge rain storm.
    well i got stuck in amsterdam for 8 hrs... but im very sociable... so it kinda killed time pretty fast:p

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    T2 is too small and tight. Its used for Economy airlines such as Fly Dubai. You won't survive 12 hours there I tell you. Try to get out. I can PM you my number if you want. But I have to take you with me to the Dentist then I am free :)

How are you flying from Canada though? Which airlines?

OP
    SoundAttack

SoundAttack

Guru of Greatness
    Aug 25, 2007
  • Thread Starter #14
    T2 is too small and tight. Its used for Economy airlines such as Fly Dubai. You won't survive 12 hours there I tell you. Try to get out. I can PM you my number if you want. But I have to take you with me to the Dentist then I am free :)

How are you flying from Canada though? Which airlines?
    Air Canada... MEA... but thats too early still... i dont leave to canada till another 2 months... im going to qatar for a month now... sure PM me ur number bro... as long as the tour is free i dont mind haha...

how can i get out of terminal 2... is it a bus route or just a walk... looks like ima be exercising big airport.. long walks

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    good idea... but i dont wanna risk losing my flight lol... first time there... once im there ill figure out what to do... once i get used to the vibe... by the way is smoking allowed?
    I had a 9hr stay in Abu Dhabi and I got a transit visa on the spot for no charge. I was back 2hrs before my flight comfortably and even got some shut eye before my flight.

I haven't been to the airport in Dubai but at the airport in Abu Dhabi they had smoking rooms all around with TV's and seating.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    I am guessing you will arrive to T1. Its the old terminal. Not a big one but big enough. You can get your Visa on arrival but not sure for how much as there was a recen dispute with the Canadian Authorities over planes flying to and out of Canada from UAE. So not sure where it stands now.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    That sucks. JFK's a pretty boring airport so I can see that being a bitch. Transiting in New York might have proven a bit tricky for you though; there's a lot to take into account. It once took me 2.5 hours to get from Grand Central Station to JFK (or was it La Guardia? I can't remember).

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    Indeed. Even the officiers bully you around. Not like other airports though.

San Francisco officers are the kindest :D

OP
    SoundAttack

SoundAttack

Guru of Greatness
    Aug 25, 2007
  • Thread Starter #19
    I am guessing you will arrive to T1. Its the old terminal. Not a big one but big enough. You can get your Visa on arrival but not sure for how much as there was a recen dispute with the Canadian Authorities over planes flying to and out of Canada from UAE. So not sure where it stands now.
    im arriving from lebanon... not from canada though... or do u mean it has to do with canadian passport holders?

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    let me get this straight. You are in Leb now flying to Qatar and stopping by Dubai. Hence the T2 transit. yeah, I strongly suggest you try to get out and call me :)
    Otherwise you can make your way to T1 by bus.

And yes, I am talking about Candian passport holders, which you are, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)