Dutch circumstances (1 Viewer)

Zlatanfan

Oct 12, 2004
Last week whole holland was shocked after they heard a 26 years old man with the marrocan and the dutch identity killed Theo van Gogh. Theo always was very critical against the Islam and many people think that was the main reason to kill him. After this everything went faster. Islamitic schools and mosques were stick in fire. As a reaction churches were also stucked etc etc.

I don´t know if you are following the world news or not, but I am just wondering what your opinion is?

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I didn't know that much about him, but apparently there are security concerns regarding backlash attacks avenging his death :scared:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatanfan ] ++
Last week whole holland was shocked after they heard a 26 years old man with the marrocan and the dutch identity killed Theo van Gogh. Theo always was very critical against the Islam and many people think that was the main reason to kill him. After this everything went faster. Islamitic schools and mosques were stick in fire. As a reaction churches were also stucked etc etc.

I don´t know if you are following the world news or not, but I am just wondering what your opinion is?
Yes... I've beeing read abou this...

I can't say that I know enough about this person who was murdered to give a solid opinion. Nontheless, it's sad that all of this is going on...

OP
Zlatanfan

Zlatanfan

Oct 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    well i am not asking just for an opinion of the murder, but about the dutch circumstances at the moment

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I don't think you'll get too many informed opinions of the Dutch circumstances here!

I read an article about it, from someone complaining that the Dutch are becoming increasingly racist. She quoted a conversation she'd had with a stranger shortly after the murder of that anti-immigration politician a couple of years ago. The important lines were somethink like this:
    "But the guy who killed [name] wasn't Islamic, he was a white [christian of some sort]."
    "Yeah, but it could have been a muslim."
    She wanted to make it clear that just because van Geogh was anti-Islamic, he wasn't necessarilly killed by a Muslim, and you certainly can't blame the whole muslim community for it.

I don't offer any opinion on this: I don't have enough information to form one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)