Dušan Vlahović - ST - Fiorentina (59 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I hope this is the case. But like Ronaldo this is also a big risk.
Don't get me wrong though, I'm still thrilled about this happening. Let's hope he really delivers. Morata heading out the other door also makes today even better.
Ronaldo got paid 30 mil net/year though. And we were his last big club. He was a win now move that we were never going to be able to sell for much in the future. This guy, at best gonna get in the 7 mil net range. And he’s still 21 (well, 22 in a few days). There is risk, but this is the kind of risk we should be taking. Moves like this and Chiesa and Locatelli.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Honestly, this retooling timeline we're in, I didn't think we'd be able to afford him.

But this sets us up for a great 4-5 year window and once we shed Arthur/Ramsey, we'll be in a very very good position.
I think we need a lot more than that. Vlahovic can only score with the service he's given, or the mistakes made by the opposition. I really hope we don't sell MDL, but still think we might. Bonucci and Chiellini are too old, Sandro is useless, Chiesa is out for a long while, the midfield is still poor, and the Dybala situation is up in the air. We have a long ways to go, honestly.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
here’s the thing tho, a lot of our expensive jabronis are coming off the books within the next year or two. As long as they avoid making more idiotic investments like that, they should be ok. Another reason why the youth movement is the way to go. Guys like Rovella will be cheap and probably produce more.
Rovella and Fagioli in, Arthur and Ramsey out for next year, please. And if we move Bentancur or Mckennie too, make a big splash on a slightly more experienced CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)