Dušan Vlahović - ST - Fiorentina (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Commisso would not swallow another deal "alla Chiesa" for Vlahovic: the Fiorentina boss wants to get right away the 75mln€ asked for the Serbian forward.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I am still sceptical about Vlahovic. From what I see from him this season, he has two big weakness. Firstly, his touch is kind of unrefined and inconsistent in my opinion. Sometimes he controls the ball coming to him perfect & skillful, sometimes he reminds me of Lukaku and Amauri (when he is bad). But that weakness can be improved with training as Conte has done with Lukaku.

Secondly, he is extremely left-footed. He can do nothing with his right foot, even when shooting at 12m or passing more than 10m. As a striker, he needs to use both of his feet efficiently like Lewandowski or Suarez or Ronaldo (both), otherwise he will be very one-dimensional. Nearly every defender of Real, Bayern, PSG, English clubs are strong, tall and pretty fast. They can just force him to the right side and he will be ineffective without someone go overlap because he can't shoot with his right foot. We can see that happens so many times with Vieri in European match, who I think shares so many features with Vlahovic.

Of course, some striker is also fairly left-footed but still great like Henry or Haaland, but one is very fast & skillful in dribbling & touch (Henry) or extremely physical, agile, fast with efficient first touch (Haaland), but Vlahovic doesn't possess such quality.
I don't think we'd pass on a Vieri right now ;)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I am still sceptical about Vlahovic. From what I see from him this season, he has two big weakness. Firstly, his touch is kind of unrefined and inconsistent in my opinion. Sometimes he controls the ball coming to him perfect & skillful, sometimes he reminds me of Lukaku and Amauri (when he is bad). But that weakness can be improved with training as Conte has done with Lukaku.
Just from YouTube, classic CF and doesn't look too skillful or technical indeed, nor super quick

As long as he proves to be able to keep banging them in

Morata has at least 3x more ability on the ball

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
He is a very good player so unless we can get Haaland, he would probably be the best possible signing for the CF position.

- - - Updated - - -

Secondly, he is extremely left-footed. He can do nothing with his right foot, even when shooting at 12m or passing more than 10m. As a striker, he needs to use both of his feet efficiently like Lewandowski or Suarez or Ronaldo (both), otherwise he will be very one-dimensional. Nearly every defender of Real, Bayern, PSG, English clubs are strong, tall and pretty fast. They can just force him to the right side and he will be ineffective without someone go overlap because he can't shoot with his right foot. We can see that happens so many times with Vieri in European match, who I think shares so many features with Vlahovic.

Of course, some striker is also fairly left-footed but still great like Henry or Haaland, but one is very fast & skillful in dribbling & touch (Henry) or extremely physical, agile, fast with efficient first touch (Haaland), but Vlahovic doesn't possess such quality.
I think you are worrying too much about a player that hasnt been officially linked. All rumors for now but I can assure you I have been following Vlahovic for some years now and he might not be Henry or Halland but he is very physical good in the air, he has wicked shots, and he has been on a meteoric rise since I first watched him.
He is not the perfect player but he is a player we shouldnt pass on unless we can get Haaland.
Vlahovic could enter "the best 10 CF list" if he gets a good club to increase exposure and take that final step in quality.

Last edited:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Whatever happens with this guy I think Commisso has already sold him and not for the price or maybe not the formula that will please Viola fans. He's placed all the blame on Dusan.

I don't see how we do it in January, I mean there is an off chance if we sell Mckennie and loan Kaio

I don't think City are the team behind it (I think they will want to make a splash signing)

Spurs won't do it unless they sell Kane

Atletico maybe

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Cherubini will try in the summer for Vlahovic, but there is a lot of interest from the PL. Commisso will do everything to avoid a Chiesa 2.0 but much will depend on Vlahovic's will. In Serbia, they are convinced that Juve are leading the race.(Tuttosport)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
People should stop bringing up Haaland in these discussions. It's not like we have a shot at him, lol.

It's Morata vs Kean vs Vlahovic or something like that.
The money required to get Vlahovic is almost the same as that required for Haaland(70-80m).

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
The money required to get Vlahovic is almost the same as that required for Haaland(70-80m).
Vlahovic is in the final year of his contract unless there is bidding war i dont see how will any club bid more than 50 million euros and haaland wages will be 30 million euors along with the commision to raiola and his father so there is no comparison

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Vlahovic is in the final year of his contract unless there is bidding war i dont see how will any club bid more than 50 million euros and haaland wages will be 30 million euors along with the commision to raiola and his father so there is no comparison
i feel like we get nobody! EPL clubs are ahead of us for spending money.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don't think Vlahovic is wanted by City unless he's like 4th option which wouldn't happen surely. And no, I don't think Vlahovic is anywhere near Haaland's level.

That being said, despite me wanting Vlahovic here, seeing his price is something quite crazy imo.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don't think Vlahovic is wanted by City unless he's like 4th option which wouldn't happen surely. And no, I don't think Vlahovic is anywhere near Haaland's level.

That being said, despite me wanting Vlahovic here, seeing his price is something quite crazy imo.
is he that much worse than Gabriel Jesus?

Problem with City is they lack a true number 9, vlahovic fits that bill for them, so few other alternatives asides from Haaland.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
is he that much worse than Gabriel Jesus?

Problem with City is they lack a true number 9, vlahovic fits that bill for them, so few other alternatives asides from Haaland.
IMO they'd chase higher calibre player for their team. Vlahovic has potential, he might turn out good, but I don't think they wanna gamble with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)