DTK Laptop (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
For those who understand those issues, did you hear about a laptop called DTK (Model Mibook A60)? For me, it is a new brandname that I haven't heard about it ever. Somebody brought this laptop from UAE and he told me it is a well-known brand name. I tried to find an agency for it here in Amman, but no way. Even in the internet, I found the manufacturing company's website, but I could not find an objective opinion about it and the suitable price for the model above.

Does anybody have any info about the laptop and how much does it cost?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    Never heard about it before.
    Nice. So, I can refuse it directly without any hesitation.

icεmαή;2750766 said:
    I think its a local brand manufactured/assembled in the UAE.
    :evil: Not a good indicator. "Made in China" is written on it, but I think even humans are made in China these days.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6
    Simply, with a price of USD 900, you don't recommend it. Right?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I never heard of them but the thing is, nowadays all computers have the same parts inside. There aren't any processor manufacturers than Intel or AMD, hard disk manufacturers are a few, same goes for basically anything and these DTK computers obviously have the same components as you can find in any HP, Sony, Lenovo or whatever known manufacturer. The differences come in the plastic, the quality of the keys on the keyboard, the extras that come with it.

Do you have the specifications of that model in question?

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8
    I never heard of them but the thing is, nowadays all computers have the same parts inside. There aren't any processor manufacturers than Intel or AMD, hard disk manufacturers are a few, same goes for basically anything and these DTK computers obviously have the same components as you can find in any HP, Sony, Lenovo or whatever known manufacturer. The differences come in the plastic, the quality of the keys on the keyboard, the extras that come with it.

You are right about the components, but regarding the service for example if a Toshiba laptop fell down and stopped working, I can find a place to repair it here, but dealing with a weird brandname will be much harder.

I will put down the specifications later when I find the paper I put them on:D

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

That much is true, however that company will most likely save on the lesser known components like power supply, which is one of the most important parts, and the general build quality will be dubious.

I would recommend against such a purchase as known brands, especially Acer, have cheaper affordable models with good quality.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    That much is true, however that company will most likely save on the lesser known components like power supply, which is one of the most important parts, and the general build quality will be dubious.

I would recommend against such a purchase as known brands, especially Acer, have cheaper affordable models with good quality.
    I agree, I usually avoid such brands and I tell you, they are abundant here and the specifications are just mouth drooling. Acer have really nice machines, that I agree with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)