Drums (1 Viewer)

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
I'm gonna buy a drum set by end of this year......I was hoping for some tips on buying the best drum set(and cheap also ofcourse:D)

in my list now is Pearl, Tama, Zildjian and Yamaha

but my friends said that Zildjian is overrated, while Yamaha is overprice...

so, post some opinion, I really need them!:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
sid if your learning first time dont get a brand name. get a full kit from a generic compant(including cymbals) for cheap.

make sure it includes the cymbals though because buying the hat, crash, (and splash) separately gets expensive

once you get good, or decide you want to continue playing you get a good pearl set and keep the shitty ones for messing around at home or donate to someone.

OP
Sid

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    oh really?

ok, so you are saying that I should get a beginner set before I buy a new drum set?

I dont know, but my father want to buy me a drum set, if buying a generic compant(as you called it) would over the budget and i'll end up with that thing for the rest of my life....

OP
    Sid

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    hm....I dont think they have a branch here in Malaysia

OP
    Sid

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    oh! then I'll try ask about them tomorrow, cause I'll be surveying drums tomorrow:D

GRK

Guitar God
    Oct 19, 2004
    He's right. Start off with a cheaper set and after a year or two, get a permanent good one. For now save your money, just in case you might not want to pursue it, and plus you would have something to look forward to, that being the day you finally get that amazing set!

OP
    Sid

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    I just want to ask, what's the difference if I buy a cheaper set instead of the actual drum set? why can't I just buy the actual drum set? can you explain it to me? anybody?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)