Draw Euro 2012 (1 Viewer)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Italy has lost out to Poland & Ukraine!
No doubt thanks to the disgusting behaviour of inter players in the valencia game & Roma's fans. :mad:
And Calciopoli and the Catania incidents. A lot of damage has been done within the last 365 days for Italy's bid. I wasn't expecting them to win at all!

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
What is unbelievable about it?
i was sure Italy or Croatia and Hungary would get it, didn't even cross my mind that Poland and Ukraine could get it, everything I read or watch on tv it was Italy will get it, Croatia will get it, no one even mentioned Poland as a serious candidate.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
UEFA thinks security in italy's gonna be bad??? How do they think its gonna be in ukraine????:tdown: This is truly a retarted desicion made by UEFA i have lost the trust which i never had anyway in them.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I like how Italian officials are moaning after this:

Italian sports minister Giovanna Melandri broke down in tears in Cardiff after the announcement, news agency Ansa reported.
"It's a painful decision,'' Giancarlo Abete, head of the Italian Soccer Federation, told Italian TV network La7. ``We met all the requirements. Those who decided did so on the basis of rewarding eastern Europe.''
:crybaby:

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Goal.com
Failed Euro 2012 Bid Makes Italy Target Stadiums

In the wake of UEFA’s announcement that Poland and the Ukraine will jointly hold the 2012 European Championship Finals, FIGC President Giancarlo Abete expressing his disappointment and the urgent need for change in Italy’s stadiums.

The exec was obviously very disappointed, but didn’t pass the opportunity up to rattle a few shots off at the European body. "The decision made by the UEFA executive committee was based on sports politics, and we are not pleased with it. We were confident and we were expecting to organize the Euro but we accept the decision although we are disappointed".

Abete went on to analyse the 'why’ behind the decision and look forward to a better chance in future editions. "In life you win some and you lose some, but what’s important is that you compete fairly. Perhaps Italy was a little more ahead and UEFA made a decision based on a European sports politics”, he claimed.

“Eastern Europe has never organised a tournament like this, and UEFA thought that 2012 was the right moment. We have to respect this decision even though it did not fairly reward our efforts in my opinion", he added.

Now the focus will be on removing the possible 'scapegoat’ of crumbling and poorly organised stadiums in Italy. "The priority is prove that we are able to renovate the stadiums even without the European Championships, this is our challenge. Euro 2012 was an opportunity, but not the only one to improve our facilities", he concluded.

The exec did, however, stop short of giving any details of potential Italian central government aid to speed the process along, nor did he outline a plan. FIGC are, however, expected to be formulating a plan to put the bitter disadvantage to sweet use and finally reform and refurbish Italian stadiums so that they reflect the quality of football played inside them.

gaspipe

Eavesdropper
Nov 6, 2005
you all say that Poland and Ukraine won't manage with organising such a big sport event. There are huge lacks in infrastructure and security. As far as security is concerned, give me one example of a country ( except of Italy) where you can easily smuggle a scooter on stadium and then throw it from stands ??? waiting.

Even in Poland it seems impossible :lol:

Badass Devil said:
im pretty sure poles and ukrainians r still revolutionising the horse and cart and security?
you should lose your yellow teeth for that. Move your fat ass and read sth about those countries, of course if you can read.

I'm waiting for you guys leaving loads of $$$ in my beautiful country in 2012 :D:D:D see you then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)