Douglas Costa (76 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
If we get a good proposal like 50-60m bid, we should sell. If its lower like 30-40m, you cant even buy Chiesa with that money.
That would pay for eriksen salary though if we wanted to go more of a permenant 4-3-1-2 formation. Ramsey as a backup to Eriksen with the new young guy given time and copa for now. I still say stick with Costa though I just hate how hes injured a lot bc hes so dynamic and rarely gets a good amount of games to be in form

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I simply cant get excited about costa, because everytime he gets injured.

So no point in wishing him to explode or whatever, when the truth is that his body is flawed. We cant count on him when we need him the most basically.

So much talent...

Its so sad.
Same feeling I have. This week, first good matches after so long, and then the feeling that he had gotten injured at the start of the match when he went down. You just know that he is always about to be injured.

He scored THAT goal vs Lokomotiv after a long injury, and then swiftly transitioned to the next injury almost immediately after.

In the end we just can't plan a season with him, next summer he probably should move on.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
That would pay for eriksen salary though if we wanted to go more of a permenant 4-3-1-2 formation. Ramsey as a backup to Eriksen with the new young guy given time and copa for now. I still say stick with Costa though I just hate how hes injured a lot bc hes so dynamic and rarely gets a good amount of games to be in form
Eriksen is a strange case, no idea how Beppe is pulling that off, but I suspect that behind the scenes payments combined with the transfer fee and higher than usual wages will end up closer to 50-60m in total than 30-40m

Apr 19, 2007
Eriksen is a strange case, no idea how Beppe is pulling that off, but I suspect that behind the scenes payments combined with the transfer fee and higher than usual wages will end up closer to 50-60m in total than 30-40m
Yes but Costa isnt playing for free either. Hes on 6 a year so over 5 years that would be amoratizes as 12 a/y in wages plus the 35.
Costa 5 year cost plus 35 million fee is 35 mil
Eriksen-10 million a/y plus taxes but lower due to new rule would be 16: plus 20 in some weird agent bribe?
So thats 100 mil over 5 years. And thats pretty fair across the board on wages being super high and big sign on fee.
Not saying it will happen but it could be a break even upgrade

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Yes but Costa isnt playing for free either. Hes on 6 a year so over 5 years that would be amoratizes as 12 a/y in wages plus the 35.
Costa 5 year cost plus 35 million fee is 35 mil
Eriksen-10 million a/y plus taxes but lower due to new rule would be 16: plus 20 in some weird agent bribe?
So thats 100 mil over 5 years. And thats pretty fair across the board on wages being super high and big sign on fee.
Not saying it will happen but it could be a break even upgrade
Y, I dont think its 20m. Can got 16, that Juventus had more pull and Eriksen is a much bigger fish. Eriksens team could get 20m from top teams, Inter probably offer a lot more

Apr 19, 2007
Y, I dont think its 20m. Can got 16, that Juventus had more pull and Eriksen is a much bigger fish. Eriksens team could get 20m from top teams, Inter probably offer a lot more
Not so sure about that but we are arguing over 5-10 million for a Costa/Eriksen financial swap. Its doable and youre assuming he cares more about 5 million than playing at Juve over Inter or with an attacking coach over Conte. We still have pull way over Inter

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Not so sure about that but we are arguing over 5-10 million for a Costa/Eriksen financial swap. Its doable and youre assuming he cares more about 5 million than playing at Juve over Inter or with an attacking coach over Conte. We still have pull way over Inter
Eriksen would earn a couple mill more thab Costa, Spurs want 20 and the signing/agent fee is probably anywhere between 10-50m, I'd wager its around 35-40m as he's the biggest high profile free agent since Alexis.

My point being, if you sell Costa for 30-40, that doesnt buy you shit, even a supposedly free agent like Eriksen. Id let him go for 50-60 though.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I said last game he was losing the ball a lot in avery shitty way. He did some nice passes but also fucked up a lot.

Hopefully he can be in form soon but right now he's too hot&cold

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Came on to the pitch with a chip on his shoulder.

Maybe he expected to start the game but he was pretty frustrating to watch tonight.

He's unplayable on his day but he's been here a few years now and he still hasn't a dominant season and continuously has injury problems.

Needs to sort himself out.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What if we sold him, brought in everyone's favorite overrated Italian Chiesa, and then Chiesa sucked donkey balls and was another Berna on the wings? :scared: :sigh: :b81:
What if he continues getting injured every third match he plays and is only available for a dozen matches a year and therefore no more useful than a Berna or Berna level Chiesa? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)