Douglas Costa (32 Viewers)

james95

Sep 2, 2018
He plays with such high intensity that when coupled with being so explosive is probably why he’s injury prone. In comparison, someone like Ronaldo picks his moments and only exerts in certain situations; preserving himself and conserving energy.

Was my MOTM today with 2 assists while working relentlessly in both attack and defense.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Besides spitting (suspension didn't matter in the end bc of injury), only ones who f'd up last season were you guys (you know who) and then Allegri in 2nd half of season.

- - - Updated - - -

He plays with such high intensity that when coupled with being so explosive is probably why he’s injury prone. In comparison, someone like Ronaldo picks his moments and only exerts in certain situations; preserving himself and conserving energy.

Was my MOTM today with 2 assists while working relentlessly in both attack and defense.
Yeah, bound to get injured again at some point just based on playing style. Inevitable.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Could well be our most important player if he stays fit for a majority of the season.

Obviously CR is Mr Clutch but our team plays infinitely better with Costa in the mix. At least Sarri/interim manager stuck with him as we all know Costa would probably have been benched in favour of Berna or Cuadrado if this were last season

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Could well be our most important player if he stays fit for a majority of the season.

Obviously CR is Mr Clutch but our team plays infinitely better with Costa in the mix. At least Sarri/interim manager stuck with him as we all know Costa would probably have been benched in favour of Berna or Cuadrado if this were last season
Wat are you talking about? He was a full time starter under Allegri and having the best form of his career in 17-18 over both Berna and Cuadrado.

He ruined his own year last season, after starting in good form with the spitting incident, suspension, falling into horrid form, and then numerous injuries. I have no doubt that we would have been much better last year with a healthy, in form Costa, even under Max, considering he had the best (alongside his first season at Bayern) season of his career under Allegri.

- - - Updated - - -

Games like this is why I believe in him. He is level above Berna or most traditional wingers because he is so explosively skilled and unselfish in creating chances.
:tup:
I was pissed at this guy last season but if he finds his form from 15-16 and 17-18 he’s by far the best player to supply Ronaldo and Higgy with countless chances. Hope he maintains it this year and stays injury free. Will be huge for the club’s CL chances if he does.

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If he continues like this, he will be like a new signing. The same with higuain.

We missed the explosiveness of both players. Our forward line last season was dire

rainhard

May 5, 2004
This is the impact from the system, the burden for defending more in midfield and defense

And once our midfield shut off in 2nd half, we just gave away game for enemy. The key is Pjanic,if we can rest him at 60/70+ minutes and still control the game then we will see different outcome. Bentancur will be great for this role as Pjanic sub in every game

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)