Douglas Costa (56 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Meh. He wrecked his own season. This should have been a fantastic season building on his scintillating last 4 months of last season, instead he threw a tantrum on the pitch, attacked and spat on a player, fell badly out of form for 6 months, got injured, wrecked his car... it’s almost as though he was cursed this year, everything went wrong for him.

Still, if he shows out for the next month, I’d be happy to keep him for next season and hope he gets off to a better start, playing like he did in 2017-18. It was the best form of his career, and coincidentally under Allegri, who Neddy hates lol
He spat a player in freaking September. He then was benched. To be frank Bonucci’s words were worse than Costa’s behaviour. And guess what Bonucci kept on playing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He spat a player in freaking September. He then was benched. To be frank Bonucci’s words were worse than Costa’s behaviour. And guess what Bonucci kept on playing.
He sat on the bench because when he did play he was mostly awful. He's made 21 appearances since the red card. And that's while being out injured since February 10th. He wasn't in the squad because of a hamstring injury, from February 10th until now, and his single appearance, 30 minutes against Ajax, he apparently reinjured it.

Costa was also given plenty of appearances to find form before his injury. He made 20 appearances from October 20th when his suspension ended until February 2nd when he picked up his new knock. 20 appearances in 3 months is hardly peanuts.

Jul 13, 2010
He sat on the bench because when he did play he was mostly awful. He's made 21 appearances since the red card. And that's while being out injured since February 10th. He wasn't in the squad because of a hamstring injury, from February 10th until now, and his single appearance, 30 minutes against Ajax, he apparently reinjured it.

Costa was also given plenty of appearances to find form before his injury. He made 20 appearances from October 20th when his suspension ended until February 2nd when he picked up his new knock. 20 appearances in 3 months is hardly peanuts.
600 mins in serie a, 150 in CL. not sure what you are talking about, but that is peanuts

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Costa had a far worse season than Bonucci :seven:
He didn't play enough to affect us as negatively as Bonucci did. Bonucci played almost as many minutes as Ronaldo and he sucked for most of those minutes so that's a big negative. Costa had a more disappointing season for me since I expect nothing from Bonucci. But because Costa assaulted someone, crashed his car for no reason and got injured 50 times, his actually negative impact was less IMO.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Please. You’re so irrational about Bonucci :lol:

Considering you think we should keep him after his complete retard season, his absence obviously made us a much worse team. Therefore, huge negative impact on our season.
If his absence left a huge void, then that means his top form is good. So keep him and rehabilitate. Don't panic sell. Just take away car keys and stuff.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I’m all for keeping him. By far the most disappointing player of the season for me. I was a big fan of his when we bought him and last season. But what an abomination of a year.
I want to keep him. Only way I'd be OK letting him go is for a deal to get someone like Pogba. ManU wanted him earlier so maybe its possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)