Douglas Costa (21 Viewers)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Please. This is just stupid. Costa has been shit this year. He fucked his own season over this year. Now he has 2 months to remedy that and show he's worth keeping and making an important part of this team.
You completely missed the point.

No one here is arguing that Costa has been poor for most of this season.
The point is that he gets bashed more than anyone else for being poor.
Mandzukic has been shit for months and months. He’s a striker who plays much closer to goal than Costa, and recently can’t even score if his life depends on it.

But Costa, who was absolutely spectacular against Ajax, is the useless bum.

I have never seen Costa be as utterly useless as Mandzukic has been in his last 10 games. Usually, even when Costa is bad, he can provide some threat. When Mandzukic is bad we are playing with 10 men.

Should Mandzukic be sold? Double standards for different players.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You completely missed the point.

No one here is arguing that Costa has been poor for most of this season.
The point is that he gets bashed more than anyone else for being poor.
Mandzukic has been shit for months and months. He’s a striker who plays much closer to goal than Costa, and recently can’t even score if his life depends on it.

But Costa, who was absolutely spectacular against Ajax, is the useless bum.

I have never seen Costa be as utterly useless as Mandzukic has been in his last 10 games. Usually, even when Costa is bad, he can provide some threat. When Mandzukic is bad we are playing with 10 men.

Should Mandzukic be sold? Double standards for different players.
What the shit are you talking about? Costa provided no threat all season. He was creating zilch.

Mandzu has 3 assists in the last couple months, so that’s hardly nothing. He also was fantastic winning balls just two games ago against Milan, helping close out that win. Add in his bicycle kick that forced a great save from Reina, and the pass he squared to Kean for a great chance in the box when it was still 1-1. Hardly nothing.

But yes, Mario has been poor. But Mario has 3 years of fantastic clutch performances in big matches for Juventus behind his name... Costa has 4 great months to finish last season, and a disastrous 7 months to start this year. Of course he’s going to get bashed, we all had high expectations for him.

Sandro is bashed easily as often for his poor form. Khedira is bashed 10x more. Dybala is bashed all the time right now. And so is Mandzu contrary to your opinion, even if a few of us generally defend him. It’s not some exclusive bashing of “poor Costa” thing.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
who cares about dribblers ? maybe u,
I dont belong to this generation. I was raised on Juve 93-98. and I know that jogabonito dribbling has nothing to do with being the best.
Football today is a very different sport to what it was 25 years ago.

Dribbling is an invaluable skill, it helps you carry the ball up the field, and it helps relieve pressure off your team.

We need a player like Costa.

He-Man

Mar 1, 2013
Football today is a very different sport to what it was 25 years ago.
yeah i now that today most impotant things is insta , facebook fallowers and some dribblers skills. But for me still Chiellini,Mandzu,Vidal, Torreira, Tevez etc players ..
they will be my idols and icons of this sport, not Nyemar, Pogba, Sterling or other dicks
11219381_909825449105010_1523558562812677766_n.jpg

10703606_703023023118588_124534940183571756_n.jpg

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
yeah i now that today most impotant things is insta , facebook fallowers and some dribblers skills. But for me still Chiellini,Mandzu,Vidal, Torreira, Tevez etc players ..
they will be my idols and icons of this sport, not Nyemar, Pogba, Sterling or other dicks
Just because you don’t like dribblers doesn’t make them any less important.

Grinta without skill gets you nowhere.

If you are a team all about grinta and no technical ability, then you are just West Brom.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
What the shit are you talking about? Costa provided no threat all season. He was creating zilch.

Mandzu has 3 assists in the last couple months, so that’s hardly nothing. He also was fantastic winning balls just two games ago against Milan, helping close out that win. Add in his bicycle kick that forced a great save from Reina, and the pass he squared to Kean for a great chance in the box when it was still 1-1. Hardly nothing.

But yes, Mario has been poor. But Mario has 3 years of fantastic clutch performances in big matches for Juventus behind his name... Costa has 4 great months to finish last season, and a disastrous 7 months to start this year. Of course he’s going to get bashed, we all had high expectations for him.

Sandro is bashed easily as often for his poor form. Khedira is bashed 10x more. Dybala is bashed all the time right now. And so is Mandzu contrary to your opinion, even if a few of us generally defend him. It’s not some exclusive bashing of “poor Costa” thing.
:vdp:
What a load of bullshit. Mario has been poor In as many big games as he has been good. The clutch warrior talk is retarded to say the least.
Mario had an okay first year here. Still our management decided to overspend on Higuain to get a real WC CF. Then he was poor for half a year, until he was rebourn as a LM/LW, were he did a fantastic job for the first half year. Last year he was piss poor the entire season. He started well this season, but have been horific for four months now.

He-Man

Mar 1, 2013
ok i Juve West Brom ala 1996 or 2003.

Seriously. I like technical footballers, but with balllllsssss.I like Camoranesi, Ortega, Figo etc.

Unfortunately I dont see too many of them at the moment. Most of them are crybabys that cant be touched. Who are offended by the weather, pitch height or lack of wi fi.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:vdp:
What a load of bullshit. Mario has been poor In as many big games as he has been good. The clutch warrior talk is retarded to say the least.
Mario had an okay first year here. Still our management decided to overspend on Higuain to get a real WC CF. Then he was poor for half a year, until he was rebourn as a LM/LW, were he did a fantastic job for the first half year. Last year he was piss poor the entire season. He started well this season, but have been horific for four months now.
Sure buddy. Says the guy who has been bashing Mario for 3 years, rain or shine. Talk about “retarded to say the least.” :baus:

He’s still been 10x the player for us that Costa has. Who coincidentally has been horrific for 7 months until Ajax. :seven:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Sure buddy. Says the guy who has been bashing Mario for 3 years, rain or shine. Talk about “retarded to say the least.” :baus:

He’s still been 10x the player for us that Costa has. Who coincidentally has been horrific for 7 months until Ajax. :seven:
Slow down a bit man.

What are 7 months really? Have you not seen his dribble against Ajax? Guy so vital to our success ever since joining us, unlike the washed up croat. Should have sold him to China years ago.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

That Costa is having a nightmare season dont change the fact, that Mario is piss poor at the moment, has been piss poor for quite a while and have been piss poor for a large part of his four years with us.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017

Mandzu has 3 assists in the last couple months, so that’s hardly nothing
Your first mistake is that you try to compare Mandzukic to Costa by statistical output. They don’t even play remotely the same role in the team. Costa plays much deeper and has creative reponsibility.

The only thing Mandzukic ever does is camp in the opponents box and wait for crosses. Of course he’s going to rack up a few goals and assists in 10 games.

The role of players like Costa and Dybala is far more difficult and cannot be measured by stats alone.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That Costa is having a nightmare season dont change the fact, that Mario is piss poor at the moment, has been piss poor for quite a while and have been piss poor for a large part of his four years with us.
A large part of his four years. :howler:

What ridiculous nonsense. But you go ahead and keep hating on a player who has worked his socks off for this club and shown up time and again in big matches, becoming one of the most beloved current Juventus players amongst the fans, behind perhaps only Chiellini. Good on you for your superior knowledge and daring to be different. :lol3:

- - - Updated - - -

Your first mistake is that you try to compare Mandzukic to Costa by statistical output. They don’t even play remotely the same role in the team. Costa plays much deeper and has creative reponsibility.

The only thing Mandzukic ever does is camp in the opponents box and wait for crosses. Of course he’s going to rack up a few goals and assists in 10 games.

The role of players like Costa and Dybala is far more difficult and cannot be measured by stats alone.
I didn’t mention Costa’s stats at all. Perhaps because there aren’t any, or perhaps because I could care less if he had been playing well.

Mandzu tracks back and helps out defensively far better than Costa. Lol that he only camps out in the opponents box. Drivel.

I don’t need to compare the two. It’s you and a few others who constantly bring up Mario when discussing other players. Maybe talk a little more about Costa in his thread instead of trying to bring up Mario as a defense of Costa’s nightmarish 7 months.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
A large part of his four years. :howler:

What ridiculous nonsense. But you go ahead and keep hating on a player who has worked his socks off for this club and shown up time and again in big matches, becoming one of the most beloved current Juventus players amongst the fans, behind perhaps only Chiellini. Good on you for your superior knowledge and daring to be different. :lol3:

- - - Updated - - -

I didn’t mention Costa’s stats at all. Perhaps because there aren’t any, or perhaps because I could care less if he had been playing well.

Mandzu tracks back and helps out defensively far better than Costa. Lol that he only camps out in the opponents box. Drivel.

I don’t need to compare the two. It’s you and a few others who constantly bring up Mario when discussing other players. Maybe talk a little more about Costa in his thread instead of trying to bring up Mario as a defense of Costa’s nightmarish 7 months.
Finally you are getting it cupcake :baus:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Narrator: And so the hypothesis has been confirmed. The comparisons continue to forge on between a striker and a midfielder when the possibility exists for the two to play together. An odder feud has never existed than one between a 6 foot Croatian battering ram and a stout, quick lolzillian.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Can you Alice Glass lovers not have a discourse without getting triggered by your basal ganglia?

@Post Ironic I just wanted to let you know...despite the fact you lack the mental wherewithal to analyze the rudimentary, most basic aspects of this simple sport, I respect you. You're a man of good taste and possess knowledge and exhibit strength in other areas.

zizi and Dai on the other hand...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)