Douglas Costa (50 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He really has has a mediocre season. Shame, he shouldn't be starting while he is playing like this but he should come on as a sub in almost every game ( as well as playing against weaker sides) to see if we can jumpstart him.

Jun 6, 2015
I think people are being a bit harsh on him. He's having a tough season but he has kept his head down and continued working. It wouldn't be cheap to replace him with a player of similar ability. I'd only sell him if he really pushes for a move.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I think people are being a bit harsh on him. He's having a tough season but he has kept his head down and continued working. It wouldn't be cheap to replace him with a player of similar ability. I'd only sell him if he really pushes for a move.
its worth waiting, because on his form he is a world beater who tears defences apart. I know we all like Berna, but he never produced so much.
Costa last year and in the WC was a one man army and its definitely worth waiting for him to hit this form again.
Anyway for the time beign (when he is out of form) he should stick to the basics - dribble less and play for the team.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We can still get 60-70 million for him in the summer, but please don't fucking replace him with Chiesa. Let's address the shitty midfield first.
with who should we replace him then? Ronaldo-Mandzuking-Dybala and Chiesa-Kean-Bernardieci + Cuadrado looks good to me. but we still need another CM in addition to Ramses ofcourse, maybe even 2 if we sell someone

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
with who should we replace him then? Ronaldo-Mandzuking-Dybala and Chiesa-Kean-Bernardieci + Cuadrado looks good to me. but we still need another CM in addition to Ramses ofcourse, maybe even 2 if we sell someone
Chiesa should not be a priority. We don't need to replace him with anyone. We don't have to play with wingers, since they're inconsistent. Manduzkic and Dybala both aren't wingers, and Cuadrado is versatile and eclectic. Selling Costa might entail a change in formation, and that might actually be a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

We can't keep ignoring our midfield issues. Khedira, Can, and possibly Bentancur aren't good enough to be starting midfielders for Juventus.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Chiesa should not be a priority. We don't need to replace him with anyone. We don't have to play with wingers, since they're inconsistent. Manduzkic and Dybala both aren't wingers, and Cuadrado is versatile and eclectic. Selling Costa might entail a change in formation, and that might actually be a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

We can't keep ignoring our midfield issues. Khedira, Can, and possibly Bentancur aren't good enough to be starting midfielders for Juventus.
i think we can get both a CM and Chiesa. we need depth upfront with Mandzukics and Ronaldos age

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
i think we can get both a CM and Chiesa. we need depth upfront with Mandzukics and Ronaldos age
What about De Ligt? Our defense is comprised of Chiellini, Rugani, Brainfart Bonucci, a loanee, and a retiree. We definitely need upgrades there too. I think we sell Costa, get De Ligt, Ramsey, and Ndombele. Then, we can go after Chiesa a year later.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What about De Ligt? Our defense is comprised of Chiellini, Rugani, Brainfart Bonucci, a loanee, and a retiree. We definitely need upgrades there too. I think we sell Costa, get De Ligt, Ramsey, and Ndombele. Then, we can go after Chiesa a year later.
we can work out a deal for Chiesa. loan + option + obligation over 5 years. we let them have Pjaca as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)