Douglas Costa (95 Viewers)

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
He was brilliant at the start of this season before he turned into a camel against Sassuolo, now we see bits and pieces from him.

Has to be said in terms of pure aesthetics and enjoyment watching that he, Dybala and Alex Sandro have been my favourites players in the last three years, it's just that each has had periods of significant loss of form, and maybe I put more pressure on them. Wingers are generally inconsistent players anyway.
Can you mention a player in our current team, who is not inconsistent? You can argue Ronaldo, but otherwise I think all our players has had up and down periods in the last couple of years. Khedira consistently sucks but that does not really count.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Can you mention a player in our current team, who is not inconsistent? You can argue Ronaldo, but otherwise I think all our players has had up and down periods in the last couple of years. Khedira consistently sucks but that does not really count.
I'll talk about them in their threads.

This season so far I'd say Chiellini, Matuidi, De Sciglio, Alex Sandro, Joao Cancelo and Mandzukic have all been consistent in their own particular squad roles, a couple of those have actually been fantastic. But sure, some of our more creative players not so much consistency...it's largely the point I initially made.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
CR7 was inconsistent yesterday.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I'll talk about them in their threads.

This season so far I'd say Chiellini, Matuidi, De Sciglio, Alex Sandro, Joao Cancelo and Mandzukic have all been consistent in their own particular squad roles, a couple of those have actually been fantastic. But sure, some of our more creative players not so much consistency...it's largely the point I initially made.
Matuidi had a long period last year were he played below par. MDS, AS and Mandzu most had below par seasons last year, and Chiellini has had his ups and downs during the years as well. I dont really think Costa has been inconsistent here. He had a slow start last year, trying to get into the team, but when he finally did he was among our top performers in more or less every game for the last half ofte season. He started this season well, then went totally retard in the spitting incident, got suspendet and injured. When he came back Allegri was set on the Mandzu, Ronaldo, Dybala frontline, so he was mostly bench or made a cameo. As soon as he started playing regularly again he was among our top performers in each game.

- - - Updated - - -

CR7 was inconsistent yesterday.
Thats a bad game which everybody has sometime. Being inconsistent is being hot/cold all the time or having long periods were you dont perform.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This isn't a Costa sort of game, it's a Mandzukic sort of game. You can't fall back on players like him, you can only hope he pulls something magic out of his ass.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
He has a higher ceiling than Bernardeschi but the latter has superior in-game intelligence & decision making. Costa can be pretty brainless and too reliant on instinct at times.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
This isn't a Costa sort of game, it's a Mandzukic sort of game. You can't fall back on players like him, you can only hope he pulls something magic out of his ass.
:agree:

A complete battle of a game, plus a slow heavy pitch in torrential rain is never going to bring the best out of Costa. Bernadeschi may have been a better option, but he changed the game anyway.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
SELL

Useless in the final third.

- - - Updated - - -

He has a higher ceiling than Bernardeschi but the latter has superior in-game intelligence & decision making. Costa can be pretty brainless and too reliant on instinct at times.
No Costa doesn't. The only things he has over Bernadeschi are speed and dribbling, and Bernadeschi is decent in both those aspects.

Passing, scoring, creating, intelligence, vision, defending... Bernadeschi is superior in all these, and much younger.

- - - Updated - - -

straight swap for Pogba
Now that Mourinho is gone, United isn't near retarded enough to do this.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
SELL

Useless in the final third.

- - - Updated - - -

No Costa doesn't. The only things he has over Bernadeschi are speed and dribbling, and Bernadeschi is decent in both those aspects.

Passing, scoring, creating, intelligence, vision, defending... Bernadeschi is superior in all these, and much younger.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that Mourinho is gone, United isn't near retarded enough to do this.
Bernie is an athlete big time the guy makes some serious runs so hopefully people don’t take that away from him comparing him to Costa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)