Douglas Costa (50 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So what are the details of our deal for him again? :p

Loan +40mil option to buy (regardless of what Bayern thinks)? So we just need to cough up the cash and him to agree to move permanently right?

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
[MENTION=20424] If he had better end product, he'd be a 100+ million dollar player. It'd be nice to see him catch fire with assists and the occasional goal here.
Agreed. I was definitely pretty happy when we made the move initially, thought it was a great risk-reward scenario; his quality on the ball has always been pretty obvious, as is his ability to accelerate/change speeds, IMO. But what Mike was saying is very true, the decision making and work ethic have been great, and he's still got some room to grow with this team. He can play a structured game, which is important for us.

His integration was pretty deliberate initially (bit slow), chemistry has taken a little while to build, but it's now pretty clear how important he is to the team. I think if Beppe can sort out our midfield this summer, add some dynamism and sort out the transition game, we could see Costa turn into a monster next season. I think he'll put up some solid assist numbers, once he and the team are a little more balanced/settled.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Whenever he ran at them they couldn’t keep up with him. Over both legs, he was probably our most dangerous player.
It's pretty clear to me that his skillsets are more suited to CL ties since its more open than Serie A so no wonder he's been a powerful weapon in the CL thus far.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Whenever he ran at them they couldn’t keep up with him. Over both legs, he was probably our most dangerous player.
Could have decided the game in the first leg if higuain scored the penalty following his AWESOME action
Could have decided the game in the second leg if the referee didnt had penis stuck in anus and missed the blatant foul on him

Both games : main danger factor in a dysfunctional team ravaged by injuries

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I don't know if we can say that. Higuain was "the" one player they had no idea idea how to stop because they couldn't and didn't stop him. He scored 3 on them and created the 4th. Costa was the next one after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)